Prologue: The Death of Doctor Eggman

(In the parallel Mobius, Sonic, Shadow and Amy are seen fighting Eggman's robots at Egg Fleet. Sonic is seen walking towards Eggman as his robots try in vain to shoot him down)

Sonic: I'm almost there. What about you?

(Shadow uses his chaos blast to sweep the robots which surrounded him)

Shadow: On my way.

(Amy Rose is seen hitting another robot with her Piko Hammer)

Amy Rose: Coming soon. Wait for me.

(Sonic keeps walking and Amy notices)

Amy Rose: Sonic. Can you hear me? Wait!

Sonic: We waited too much for this!

(At Eggman's room, Eggman sees the plans and somehow rants about them)

Dr. Eggman: They can't see the beauty... They have no imagination... They prefer to fight...

(Suddenly Sonic slams the door and approaches Eggman who simply tries to ignore his archenemy)

Sonic: Not even this was enough, huh? We're about to start a nuclear war which may destroy the entire planet!

Dr. Eggman: This would be perfect... A paradise...

Sonic: (sighs) And I let it all come down to this because of the law... and the freewill...

Dr. Eggman: Hmph. Freewill... It's always the people's fault, and they're going to burn for this! Burn!!

Sonic: You're a freak, Eggman!

Dr. Eggman: Ooh. A threat? Watch it. This freak bites. (opens a secret button and puts his finger close to it)

Sonic: There are six ways to stop you now.

Dr. Eggman: And all of these include killing, right? But you don't do this. No. You need me! There would be no hero if there was no villain! The children's smile, women falling for you... You need it so much and became my biggest accomplice!

Sonic: (shocked) Accomplice? But what...

Dr. Eggman: You could have defeated me whenever you got the chance! It wasn't either the law or freewill which stopped you. It was your ego! Being a hero is very important to you. Come on. Do it your way. Send me to judgement, arrest me. I will escape anyway, then we're starting all over again.

Sonic: I have liked being a hero... But since this is the result... (turns into Dark Sonic) I had enough!!

(Back to the fight, A badnik tries to shoot Shadow, but E-123 Omega shields him and shoots the badnik)

Shadow: Thanks, Omega.

E-123 Omega: I detect two vital signs. One of them is weakening.

(Amy gets shocked and goes to Eggman's room alongside Shadow and Omega. As they arrive, they noticed Eggman's death)

E-123 Omega: Doctor Eggman's death... Confirmed!

Amy Rose: How could this...

Shadow: (a bit shocked) Someone... Would be doing this...

(Amy Rose approaches Sonic, who just returned to his normal form)

Amy Rose: Are you OK, Sonikku?

Sonic: (turns around and smirks) I feel great!

(Then Sonic and Amy look into the skies. This is only the beginning. With Eggman's death, Mobius will suffer drastic changes)