Chapter 2: Testing My Skills, Meeting a Scarecrow!

Finding an empty and somewhat secluded training area, I took off my hoodie, folding it and setting it aside, then put my hair in a ponytail, years of primping in the mirror demanding I at least make it look cute, so I made some long side bangs. I need to learn to fight in any outfit and hairstyle anyway, so might as well start with something simple like this.

Checking the looseness of my bandaged wrists and hands, I began stretching for a hard run.

Starting a timer for twenty minutes, I activated my bloodline increasing my body's gravity to an additional twenty pounds and took off around the training ground's path that circled the whole area. (Au: Five pounds per limb kind of, except its all of her muscles being worked, not just those limbs targeted.)

I was starting small on purpose, I didn't want to strain my muscles. Taking off, I thought about what I could do to take advantage of my Gravity Release.

If I was in a fight I could activate it and put more weight behind my legs when kicking, or even punching, potentially causing more damage. Testing it this morning I had noticed however that the drain for having it activated was gonna be a hindrance until my chakra pathways have become larger and my chakra (mana in particular) pool has expanded again.

From the books I remembered reading about magic, and the books I read on chakra, I knew the two were very similar.
Chakra was mental and physical energy.
Mana however was mental energy only, but a more advanced type, lets call it Spiritual energy instead—that was collected from the surroundings unconsciously and stored in the mind.

It didn't require physical energy to use at all and it flowed far easier for a magic user than a chakra user.

It was like an advanced way to use chakra that hadn't been figured out in this world yet, the key mainly being visualization, energy conversion and simply guiding it.
Magic was also written to be almost sentient-like, it had a mind of its own, and the people here demanded its weaker Mental version to work in sync with their physical energy, not really guiding it, but forcing it into compliance.

So I had an unbalanced mixture of the two, with more Mana than physical energy. No normal Mental energy at all—only mana that mixed with normal physical energy and made normal chakra—if a bit more dense than others my age.

Its probably why my forehead is so large. My big brain produces so much mana from my more studious nature.
Or that's what I would have assumed if it wasn't for the fact that before I woke up with all this new knowledge implanted within, I had put romance and beautification over my studies before then.
The only things I had kept reading about save the basic classwork before had been Konoha's history and romance fiction stories.
Maybe a few interesting comics, and more than one manga.

Another difference I remember is that Magic users have a mana pool they draw from, hidden in their mind that flowed naturally throughout the body without the use of a pathway.

Meanwhile chakra had tenketsu that collected and distributed it into pathways that connected to each other throughout the body, always flowing—whether its sluggishly and slow like a civilian, or rapidly and smoothly like a seasoned Jonin, the two energy sources could both be expanded through meditation.

I had the latter, though mine seemed to differ in that my Mana mixed at the back of my neck instead of in my gut, where chakra fully mixed normally.
Even with my eyes wide open, if I concentrated I could feel the extra spiritual mana originating from my brain slowly mixing in with my normal physical energy, the sensation like a slightly cooling liquid becoming warm as it formed into moldable chakra that spread further throughout my body's pathways.