26

Frankie had had three blissful days off work where of course she'd spent her time literally kidnapped and abandoned thanks to vampires, and already she had to go back

Frankie had had three blissful days off work where of course she'd spent her time literally kidnapped and abandoned thanks to vampires, and already she had to go back. Fortunately however she had a clear morning ahead where she would able to check on her friend and hopefully convince her to pop by today's parade with her to take her mind of Klaus' mind control that clearly was unravelling.

Grabbing her entirely too new board she was out the door early, skating to Cami's apartment, determined not to let her friend block her out today. Shock enveloped her from the moment she arrived, knocking on the door frantically as she heard screams billowing out through the door.

"Cam," she yelled, banging furiously on the door, "What's going on, you okay?"

Silence reigned out, the screams ceasing before frantic whispers began.

She pressed her ear against the door, desperate to hear who was in the apartment and causing her friend so much pain that she was screaming out. Finally she heard movement, someone approaching the door, sliding the chain through the latch and pulling it open a few inches.

"Frankie?" Davina asked, it was the girl Marcel had asked Cami to look out for, she was shaken and sounded terrified but determined, "Who's out there with you?"

"No one but me," Frankie assured, "I'm not gonna call Marcel or whoever you're hiding from. But you have to let me in Davina."

The door slammed shut in her face and Frankie froze for a moment before she heard the chain unlocking. The door pulled back open and Frankie was tugged into the space to see Cami laying on the ground with Davina and another boy beside her.

"What's going on?" she asked, "Cami are you alright?"

She had thought Cami had been the one who'd been screaming in pain but her friend didn't seem scared of Davina or the boy like they'd been hurting her, instead she look confused with a sheen of sweat coating her body.

"I don't know," Cami confessed, "I don't understand what's happening to me. She's trying to make me remember, I- I don't know."

"Klaus compelled her," Davina explained.

Her explanation was a test, she wanted to know whether Frankie was as clueless as Cami or if she was in on it, if she knew more than she'd been letting on about the supernatural world. Frankie's face didn't twitch into confusion or surprise and Davina's hand suddenly shot out, a force throwing Frankie back against the door causing Cami and the boy to gasp in surprise.

"Woah," Frankie spluttered, feeling herself rising from the floor as she was pressed against the door, a force ticking her throat so she was beginning to gasp out, "Let me down Davina, I'm not here to hurt you, I'm not hurting anyone. I'm not sure who you're against but I'm not here for anyone but Cami. I'm here because I'm worried about my friend."

"What do you know about Klaus?" Davina asked, her grip loosening so the pressure wasn't against Frankie's neck though she still used her powers to hold her against the door. Cami was still on the floor with the boy crouching beside her protectively, her friend watching the scene with confusion and concern.