44

"Tristan?" Klaus called drunkenly, his friend joining in moment later, "Tristan! Come out, come out, wherever you are! Unless, of course, you're afraid!"

"Are you gonna step in or just leave them to it?"

"Tristan can flounder a little first," Elijah murmured causing Frankie to let out a snort.

"Who's the guy beside him?"

"That's Lucian, Tristan was the first person I turned, and Lucian was Niklaus'."

Both of them watched as Tristan approached and tried to talk Klaus and Lucian down and away from the party but his participation only seemed to warrant further ridiculing from the pair. Eventually with a sigh Elijah squeezed Frankie's hand quickly before tearing away to tell them himself.

By the time Elijah returned, Frankie was searching for a chair and some actual food to combat the much too large quantity of alcohol she'd consumed. She should've figured it out by now, that at any sort of ball or Gala she attended they'd mostly have champagne on offer but she hadn't and that combined with the shots she did with Cami spelled disaster and exhaustion.

"Can I get you another drink?" Elijah asked when he returned, smiling at the way she looked to him and her whole body seemed to settle in relief at his presence, "There's still another hour or so until daylight when Marcel's deadline to finish his task will arrive."

"No," she groaned, "Cami and I did vodka shots before I came-"

"-You hate vodka."

"I do," she nodded with a laugh, "but I was nervous. Either way I'm way too close to drunk to drink more. Plus I probably have the lowest tolerance of anyone here and would be the undeniable loser in any conflict so it's probably best not to poke the proverbial bear more than I already have."

"I'll find you some water," he chuckled, "Or do you want to leave now?"

"No, I'm okay to stay, I want to know Marcel will be alright. Water would help though, that and some postmates when I'm home. I would kill for some fucking noodles."

Elijah laughed, offering his arm to her as they both turned back towards the bar. There was where they found Marcel and Hayley, both drinking like their lives depended on it and looking equally anxious.

"Frankie," Marcel boomed, tugging her towards him in a hug, "You're back, does D know?"

"Hi," she grinned, "No, I just got back today. Only Cami knows, and uh- you guys."

"Killer time to come back, huh," Hayley added, "Well I'm pleased you're here. Klaus needs someone to beat his ass."

Frankie laughed at that, she knew the vague story of how Klaus had acted in the year prior and she knew he'd been terrible. She knew too that she'd only heard his perspective and so she was sure in actuality it was way worse. She didn't blame Hayley for her anger, she couldn't imagine how painful it would've been for her to lose time with her daughter again after so long apart.