54

Christmas crept up on them all surprisingly quickly, a day engulfed in a normalcy that felt odd compared to the chaos that usually filled any day alongside a Mikaelson

For the first time in a long time, things actually seemed to be good in New Orleans.

Rebekah was home and although there had been a worrying moment thanks to a curse the Strix's weapon had placed upon her, it was all under control now. Freya had managed to subdue the curse well enough for it to be manageable and they were all taking this moment of respite for the win it was. Somewhat of a truce had been called between the de Martels, Lucian, and the Mikaelsons, and while peace likely wouldn't last for long, it was a tentative beginning that they'd take while they could.

All of them had been embroiled in such chaos for weeks, that they needed to take the small window of peace to be together. The messed up family that they'd created with both Frankie and Cami thrown into the Mikaelson mix was an unusual one, but one that flowed naturally despite it all.

Spending the morning together, Frankie and Elijah had returned to her bed in her apartment, their first Christmas together spent doing alarmingly little. They needed to head to the compound in time, but neither was in a rush to break the spell that seemed to fall over they lay together with nothing but soft words and gentle caresses between them.

As Elijah read aloud, Frankie lay with her head in his lap, her hand brushing gently across his arm as she tried to stay awake. She could feel her eyes slipping more definitively closed but she fought against it, rolling off Elijah lazily.

"Where might you be going, my love?" Elijah probed, placing the book beside them before following her and pinning her lightly beneath him.

"We need to get up," she groaned, pushing his shoulder back, forcefully though not cruelly. He didn't budge though his eyebrows rose in amusement causing her to roll her eyes, "I should shower and I definitely need to change before we go to dinner. Your family will literally torture me if I turn up in my underwear. Do you want me to die of embarrassment?"

Elijah frowned, pressing his lips to hers softly and grinning at how quickly she melted into his grip. Pulling away, he looked down at her studying her before speaking, "But I haven't given you my gift yet."

Laughing, Frankie wrapped her legs around his waist before tumbling them over so she now lay atop him, then sitting up so she was straddling him. He followed her movements, sitting up with his lips following hers, smirking in amusement at the look on her face.

"You should know that if you're referring to your dick, that it's a lot less of a turn on than you think it is," she informed him bluntly.

Elijah laughed so loudly at that she almost fell off of him and if his hands hadn't flown up to catch her by the waist, she likely would've. There were a great many things that he loved about her but one of the greatest was her boldness. Though from afar she looked as soft and sweet as any, in earnest she swore like a sailor and was just as blunt and crass.