04

Frankie was still pretty bloody stoned when the car finally pulled to a stop, she'd been focused on her eyes, she was very aware of the way her lids moved as she blinked

Frankie was still pretty bloody stoned when the car finally pulled to a stop, she'd been focused on her eyes, she was very aware of the way her lids moved as she blinked. Finally she realised they weren't moving and she looked up to see Klaus watching her with amusement while the seat where Stefan once sat lay bare.

"Stay in the car until I get you, okay?" Klaus told her after a moment, while he hadn't forgiven her expedition, the rage in his voice seemed to have dulled considerably. Nodding easily, Frankie went back to humming quietly to herself, she felt tired and was internally deciding whether or not she should sleep.

It took fifteen minutes for Klaus to actually return for her, by that time she'd decided against sleep, she figured instead she could probably pester Klaus to get her food from wherever they were now, she really wanted a snack.

Frankie wasn't really focused on her surroundings as she followed Klaus into the bar and plopped herself down at the table he gestured to. She was looking around for a menu when she realised what was going on, there was a man chained up against the dartboard and Stefan was throwing darts into his face.

"Oh no," she muttered as one landed in his forehead, blood trickling down slowly, "Uh-uh I don't like it."

Klaus looked down at her exasperation at her complaints but when he saw the horrified expression he sighed, pulling her to her feet he moved her a little farther away to the bar where he propped her up in a stool on his other side. He was sitting beside her with this feet up against the bar when a woman approached them, leaning down to talk to Klaus quietly.

"Hello Mister Klaus," she said, Frankie spluttered into laughter that only grew at the glower Klaus gave her, "I have some more information for you. You told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw that guys brother, Damon, at the farm house."

"Well, thank you, Claudine," Klaus replied, "You just tell your friends to keep up the good work with the neighbourhood watch, huh."

"Mister Klaus," Frankie giggled to herself as Stefan approached them cautiously.

"My brother still on our trail?" he asked, his face blank as though he was uninterested.

"He's getting closer. You keep an eye on her," he glanced back at Frankie before moving to leave, "I'm gonna have to go deal with that."

"No, no, no," said Stefan cooly grabbing Klaus' arm to stop it, "Let me handle it.

"Why should I let you leave?" Klaus replied, he was curious now how deep Stefan's loyalty lay, would he even return once he'd had his chance to be home, see his family. Stefan knew what Klaus would do to ensure his debt was properly repaid but it was entertaining watching him flounder like this, desperate to be the one to deal with his brother.

"Cause, you'll know I'll come back."

"Do I?" Klaus was outwardly amused now, entertained by his assurance and his desperation to take care of the problem on his own.