05

If Frankie could've made a list of the top ten things she wanted to do during the summer, hiking down a mountain with two grouchy, grumpy vampires and a dead werewolf surprisingly wouldn't have made the list

If Frankie could've made a list of the top ten things she wanted to do during the summer, hiking down a mountain with two grouchy, grumpy vampires and a dead werewolf surprisingly wouldn't have made the list. It'd been a snappy day for all of them Stefan more gloomy than normal after his trip to see his brother whilst Klaus continued to make snide comments to her thanks to her little smoke session the night before.

Frankie wasn't exactly happy with him either, with his constant evasion and his forcing everyone to do his bidding, not to mention his cocksure attitude, she was getting fed up. When they'd arrived at the clearing where Ray, the dead werewolf's, pack stood, they'd unceremoniously dumped his body on the ground as a greeting. It was horrible watching the realisation cross the pack's faces as they realised what had happened and Klaus' delight that they knew who he was before he introduced himself had only caused her to want to wring his neck.

She sat now on a log in the middle of the clearing, she'd tried to move farther away but Klaus had some ridiculous complaint that he didn't trust her not to get stoned if she wasn't with him. It was ridiculous and they both knew he was making a fuss not because he was worried for her but to punish her for acting out the night before.

"Are any of you human?" Stefan was calling out to the crowd, "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Doesn't take much," Klaus added in joyfully, "just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?"

"Why not use her," one of the men pointed at Frankie sitting there with her head in her hands.

"Please, take me out," she muttered, "then I won't have to listen to the sound of his voice anymore."

"Believe me, I'd love it as much as you, sweetheart," Klaus replied crisply with annoyance in his voice before searching the crowd, finally finding someone and pointing them out, "You."

The next moments were a blur of disgust for Frankie as she watched Klaus race over to the man, biting him viciously before tossing him to Stefan. Her eyes fell on the blood that dripped from the wound in his arm as Stefan pressed him to the ground in front of Ray. Klaus meanwhile had grabbed one of the women who'd rushed to help and begun to strangle her.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will," Stefan told him, "Problem is I don't know how to stop."

Frankie was tired, she was tired from hiking and she was tired from sleeping in lumpy motel beds and she was tired of watching people die. Klaus was threatening the woman in his grip now, she was shaking and struggling away while he held her still.

"It's the new order, sweetheart," he told her, "You join us, or you die."

"I'd rather die than be a vampire," she spat back at him.

"Wrong choice," Klaus replied cruelly, biting into his wrist as he shoved it against her mouth, "She'll thank me for that later," he told Frankie with a grin before his hands rose to her head, snapping her neck and letting her fall to the floor.