44. Does Your Cat Talk Or Not?

*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*

One Week Later:

A simmering pot of fresh gumbo sizzles from the kitchen, and out into the family room where Faylayee, Junie, Aunt BeeBee, Miss Voule, and I sit talking about everything we've gone through.  

It turns out Karma is on our side. 

"Whew! I'm happy to be home," hollers Miss Voule, sipping on a glass of lemonade. "The NIWP said someone sent a photo of me walking out of the alley..." The taste of fresh lemons puckers her lips. "Chileee, I said, which alley?  I challenged them, but they never showed me."

Perhaps Detective Cree didn't have concrete proof yet.

"I'm happy for you too, Charles," adds Aunt BeeBee.

"Mmhmm," hums Miss Voule, using her famous 'goto' phrase when she has more to say about a subject. "How's Alexander? Did he ever tell you what happened in the alley?"

Alexander's back on campus.

He said followed the Councilman and an unknown man on Mardi Gras weekend. Of course, we know now it was the human CEO of the RAHS Construction, a company owned by S.H.A.R Investors. Anyway, Alexander recorded the CEO attacking the Councilman in the alley. Once the CEO, left, Alexander tried to revive him, but the Zetish blocked his spell. That's when he called me, asking for help. Once my sisters and I sprinted towards the alley, we tell Alexander to go while we try to undo his spell. It didn't work! So, we had to clean it up the old fashion way by making it look like a human homicide.

Junie snorts. "Alexander should have left the Councilman alone. Period!"

"He's a good kid. He wanted to help," utters Aunt BeeBee.

"Nah, he wanted the story..."

A breaking news sign flashes across our television screen. Aunt BeeBee turns it up, waiting for the reporter.

Aunt BeeBee peeks at Miss Voule, smiling.

"Some people are calling it a miracle, but the people of New Orleans are calling it a blessing in disguise. Late last night, Councilman Robert Lathan miraculously woke up from his coma. And right now, the Councilman is casting his vote, and bidding AGAINST the destruction of the property leased by Small Business Owners..."       

My sisters and I rejoice at the news. We're happy that our shop, The Veya, will be here for years to come. Maybe we'll hire an employee or two, once our finances increase.  

"How's Zion doing?" whispers Junie, sitting on the couch next to me.

"He's doing well," I mumble. "He's still shaken, but good. We're good."

Zion still doesn't know what happened to him, but one night he asked while cuddling me within his arms. I told him a loose board, hanging on the ceiling, fell on his head, and knocked him out.

I think he bought it...

"I'm so freaking happy!" claps Faylayee. "And it's official! My wedding is three months away!" 

And speaking of weddings, I have to prepare for my ten-minute wedding speech, since Faylayee will not let it go.

Junie speaks. "Aye, I wished we figured out who's the Photo-Stalker..."

We all deadpan, sighing. "Yeah..."

Meanwhile, a white fur-ball walks out of the kitchen and tip-toes to the middle of the room. It's Mister Purr!