39. It's More Than One Clue?

*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*

The lower part of my stomach tightens into twisty knots once I approach Zion's door with my new key. I rotate my shoulders and relax my nerves before sliding it into the keyhole, wondering if I should have texted him before coming, but he said I don't have to ask, so here goes nothing.

It's officially my first time using it too.

The infamous two locks, turn and twist, unlocks his door, unleashing its greedy hold, I'm familiar with experiencing. I can count on both hands how many iconic moments we've had near this doorway, from our first argument to our first kiss.

Damn, the first kiss was everything. Chills.

Anyway, I open his door slowly, peeking my head in first, looking both ways and lowkey knocking out of habit. I tip-toe inside, careful not to make any loud noises since I don't want to startle him.

Meaning I'm early for the first time in girlfriend history. 

"Hello, Zi?" I don't hear anything, and he's not by his computer desk, the kitchen, or the living room. 

The last time Zion and I were together, alone, I dropped off the evidence and stayed for a total of fourteen minutes. We didn't hug or anything. We were out of sync and strictly about the business.

Then the official last time during the pool hall with Cree, I did the unthinkable, which led to me running up to Zion and kissing him out of the blue. Zion and I played it off that night, in front of Cree, but we still haven't talked about the 'rooftop' moment, nor have I said I love you yet.

And that's why I feel like I have a million bricks buried inside my stomach, but I digress.

"Zi?" I look around the room, and his bedroom door is open, but I don't see him. The lights are on, so he's probably in the closet.

Cool. I stroll over to Zion's state-of-the-art computer desk, feasting my eyes on everything he's searched and printed for my case. He has the Photo-stalker's picture of us taped on one of his computer screens with sticky notes surrounding it. There are also lots of questions written on a notepad saying, 'ask Yan about this,' and 'what else hasn't she told me?'

I shudder at the notes since it implies I have more secrets, and Zion's curious about them. I mean, I do have a secret but still--

I brush it off, knowing he'll never know the real me, the real me that Cree mentioned at the Pool Hall. Ugh.

Okay, focus, Yanni.

As I skim over everything he's gathered, even some things Aunt BeeBee hasn't found, I notice a few sketches drawn on a piece of paper under his keyboard.

I immediately gaze at Zion's sketch, push the keyboard back, clutch my chest, heaving and gasping at the familiar Zetish Witch symbols, drawn by him on a white piece of paper.

"Do you recognize something?"

Gasp!

For twenty petrifying seconds, I suppress a scream and dart my trembling fingers over something else, anything else, before turning around and facing him. Zion's hand-drawn Zetish sketch snatches my air, my life, and my protective-style wigs on my dresser.

And I don't know what to do. Apart of me wants to grab the paper, race out the door, and never return. However, Zion's question doesn't imply that he's onto me, judging by his casual tone of voice, but it does sound like he knows what I found.

So, I can either tell him, yes, I've seen the Zetish symbols, then sit down and have a conversation about them or I can say--

"Huh?" I mumble, gazing at him.