8. We're Good, I Think.

My soul dances beyond the stars...
*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*:・゚

Chapter 7 Recap: When Yanni arrives at Zion's door, he's upset. Yanni tries explaining what happened, but Zion's heard so many, 'I had an emergency' excuses that he's genuinely fed up. Or is he? Once Yanni apologizes, things heat up (insert love scene). After scene, Yanni receives a text from Aunt BeeBee saying 'come back home we have an emergency!' Smh. Go figure. And action:

—————-

There's an art to leaving your lover while curled up in their arms. First, you have to take a deep breath, waking up your lover is an absolute hell no. Next, you have to wait a few minutes, calculating all your future moves with precise precision. Then, you have to slide one leg out at a time, practically turning your slick moves into ninja warrior moves until you've rolled off the bed.

Finally, after you've mastered the art of escaping your lover's arms, glance over your shoulder and make sure they're sound asleep. And bonus points, if you replaced your body with a pillow.

Zion laid there blissfully unaware, and fast asleep as I creep out of his room. I plan on keeping it that way as I grab my Louboutins, rush back to the front door, scoop up my clothes, and enter the guest hallway bathroom.

I don't dare close the bathroom door since I know it squeaks, and one sound from me unleashes a barrage of questions from him. I have to be a ninja warrior. From the kitchen, a stream of lights seeps through, giving me a shadowy glimpse of my face. The lines under my eyes showcase stress, but I'm holding it together; it's all I can do for now.

My dress clings to my curves with my purse in hand as I inch closer to the front door. I'm almost out of his condo, no turning back, fingers on the knob until I realize my bag is ridiculously light. I'm getting that sinking feeling I left something behind, something important, and then it hits me.

I left my damn cellphone. Ugh! It's on his nightstand too.

My eyes dance between his bedroom and the front door, contemplating my next move. I'm thinking about leaving my phone and picking it up later, but what if my sisters text me saying they need something from the store.

And what time is it anyway? From the window, I can see traces of early morning dawn peeking through, meaning it's semi-dark outside. I need to hurry up and think of a plan. I'm stalling, procrastinating and unsure. What would my sisters do?

This can't be happening. Don't panic. Pull it together, Yanni.

Without wasting any more precious time, I tip-toe back into his bedroom, but instead of walking in, I duck real low, so low that I'm crawling over to his nightstand, and I don't care either. Operation: get my cellphone and do not wake him is in full effect.

I can feel my heartbeat vibrating through my eardrums, my pulse is on one hundred, and my knees are throbbing against the hardwood floor, but I'm so close to grabbing my cellphone that I can taste it. Victory will be mine.

As I approach the nightstand, I reach up, grazing my hands against the surfacing, feeling for my cell. It's dark in his room, so I need to be careful not to knock anything over while I'm searching. And speaking of searching, I haven't found my cell yet, did I move it back further than expected?

After seventeen unnecessary seconds, my fingers land on a flat gadget with a screen protector-- my cellphone. I'm so excited, I almost stand up and twerk, but I don't since I need to creep back out and with minimal detection as possible. Thankfully, my dress has dual use for protecting my knees as I slide across the floor. Granted, it's not becoming of me, but this is what happens when you're trying to be sneaky.