16. Someone's Knocking...

Illuminate my soul in gold
*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*

"Yanni? Yan!"

A series of knocks, doorbell rings, and a familiar voice calling my name snaps me out of my invoking spell. I know this voice. His deep and yet sultry tone awakens a different kind of magic inside me. It's damn near orgasmic. This new magic is so strong that it begins pulling me towards his energy and away from my sisters.

A rush of heat, different from Junie's magic, travels down my spine, arousing all my senses. I can feel my magic coursing to my heart down to the warmest part on my body, easing all my tension from earlier. I know who it is. It's instinct, it's gravity, it's him.

It's Zion, and he's at my door!

All these new emotions come flooding in, creating new sparks flying from the center. My sisters can feel it too since we're still holding the hands of each other while balancing our magic. But it's Aunt BeeBee's energy, tugging against my own, grounding me to stay in my position.

But my man is at the door!

In one subtle blink, my eyes revert to its original color, severing my sister's and I circle. My fingers slip out of Faylayee's grip, or did she let me go? I'm not sure, but only Junie's hand remains locked with mine, making our circle partially open and vulnerable.

I can't concentrate! Plus, my thoughts are focus on that damn door.

"Sis, don't!" As soon as I think about running towards the door, Junie grabs my wrist, holding me back from severing the circle. I'm torn. On one hand, I know must complete the invoking spell, and on another, Zion keeps knocking on my door.

Holy shit, Zion's here!

So he wasn't ignoring me but on his way to my house. Zion must've hopped in his car, and sped down the freeway in hopes of talking some sense into me. It appears that giving up on us wasn't an option for him. Meaning he wants me just as much as I want him.

All I want to do is laugh, shout, cry, scream, and dance at once, and then it hits me. We're invoking the Four Elemental Clause Act.

DING! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Yan!" Zion's calling me, knocking with so much emphasis. "We need to talk..."

Without further ado, my giddy self calls his name, "Zion!"  And I hope he can understand me. Damn, I need him to hear my voice calling out to his presence, his energy, and his spirit. I'm losing focus, and apart of me doesn't care. I must reach him.

"Yanni!" He eagerly shouts my name as if my voice triggers his desire to reach me at any cost. It's poetic. It's a Shakespearean tragedy. Zion's too close to the house that we're 'trying' to destroy.

If he doesn't step away, then he'll get caught up within our spell, which will destroy him too. I need him to get back now!

"Zion!" I yell, feeling my pulse quicken at the sound of his name. "Get Back! Now!"

"What?" He pauses. "I--I can't hear you!"

Oh, no, I need Zion to hear me. From the corner of my eyes, I feel Junie loosening her grip around my arm, bring the total up to two sisters accidentally letting me slip through their fingers. Are they secretly rooting for Zion and I to be together?

A wave of emotions hit me all at once, but I know what I have to do. With a simple twist of my wrist, I pull back, sliding out of Junie's hands.    

Aunt BeeBee's eyes glow a deeper gold. "Don't let her sever our bond!"

Aunt BeeBee's right. What am I thinking? I remain in my position, keeping close to the circle. My sisters are my lifeline, the very essence I breathe, but Zion is my, oh, say it, Yanni, say it already. I take in a deep breath, knowing my truth. Zion's my heart, and right now, I have to protect my heart at all costs.