32. If This Limo Could Talk...

*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*

Enter to the Zetish Underworld [Part 1 of 5]

My body quivers like a captured animal caught by a dangerous predator who's struggling for freedom under its furry grip. I'm confined, trapped, and locked in a tight space with blacked-out windows.

My only hope is Aunt BeeBee, Junie, and Faylayee, but they're in the limo with me.

"What are we going to do?!" shouts Faylayee, banging on the partition.

Think, Yanni.

To the untrained eye, you could miss the thin black wire trailing under the neon light fixture, flashing above our heads. The cord is connected to a row of light bulbs pretending to be something it is not. So, I'm guessing, some of the bulbs are camouflaged as hidden cameras, meaning someone might be watching us--live.

Also, I can't forget the hint of Zetish lingering in the limo, but that's expected.

Aunt BeeBee's eyes falter. "Everyone remain calm. I believe it's a scare tactic."

Remain calm? We're locked in a limo, and we can't see sh---

A thin plasma screen TV rises in front of the partition, followed by a 'WELCOME' message, typed in bold white letters, blinking on the screen. Faylayee yanks her hand away while we wait for more words to appear.

As the music lowers, a pre-programmed woman's voice comes over the intercom.

"Welcome. For your safety and ours, we have secured the doors. Do not be alarmed. You will arrive *safely* at your destination in 26 minutes. However, we will need your verbal consent for confirmation. Please say, 'I consent,' out loud. You have 1 minute."

"You need our permission for locking us in here?" snaps Junie. "That's dumb! Do you hear me!"

The woman's voice doesn't respond, creating more tension in the limo. We look at each other, waiting for the other to say, 'I told you so,' or 'this is your fault,' but we're too---

"You have 41 seconds. Please say, I consent, out loud." Repeats the woman over the intercom as the words flicker across the screen.

We all gasp in unison, knowing our time is limited.

Breathe, Yanni.

I've never been trapped in a car, so that's a first. We should have read the fine print, aka, listened to Junie when she said, 'do not get into cars with strangers.' Well, it's too late now, or will they unlock the doors if we don't consent?

Aunt BeeBee doesn't question it as she takes a deep breath and says, "I consent." A high-pitch ringing sound echo in the limo.

Wow! Aunt BeeBee has reached, Mafia Movie Level gangster. She didn't flinch or anything.

"Please say, 'I consent,' out loud."

Junie huffs, realizing the woman needs everyone's consent before the limo drives off. She glares at Aunt BeeBee, then looks away. "Fine... I consent."

"I consent," I say as another dinging sound rings over the intercom.

Faylayee blinks several times, knowing she's next. "I... I wish to speak with the Manager, please!"

After a few quick grievances, persuasions, and eight seconds left on the countdown, Faylayee finally agrees and consent.

"Thank you. Confirmation complete. Please re-frame from using any magic. By the way, we are not responsible for any lost items, physical damage, or your current driver. Have a nice ride."