You What?

(Outfit at the side or top)

The next day on my way to work I see Larry and Nick at the park. Nick sees me and runs over to me giving me a hug. I lift him into my arms and carry him back to Larry who is sitting on a bench.

Me: How's my favourite Nephew doing?

Nick: I'm your only nephew.

Me: Which automatically makes you my favourite.

Nick laughs and I put him down.

Me: So Larry how did last night go?

Me of course refusing to the part when I left him alone to go home while he had to stay the rest of the night. Larry looks at his son and tells him to go and play which he dose and I sit down next to Larry. I can tell something is wrong and i hope he didnt get fired... Again.

Larry: I quit.

Me: You what?

I whispered with a bitter tone, I wanted to scream and shout at him but I know that his son doesn't know about this and it would hurt him to see the two fight.

Me: You do realise that you just threw away the best job you have ever had.

Larry: I need a job that pays the bills and doesn't get you killed.

Me: So in other words you're just giving up.

Larry: No.

Me: Yes you are. That's all you ever do. You can never keep a job because you always give up on it.

I stand up not wanting to continue this coversation and leave when Nick walks over.

Nick: Hay Aunt Kathy isn't it cool that my dad works at the same place you do. It's so awesome that you work there dad. Maybe you guys could give me a VIP tour.

Larry: You know what I will but not today. You need to get to school.

Larry stands up and grabs his son's hand.

Larry: Are you going to stay at the museum tonight?

Me: Sorry Larry but I've got a presentation to do tonight.

Larry: How about the next night?

Me: Yea.

Larry: Grate then we can give nick a tour at night.

I know what he's doing, trying to be cool for his son.

Me: Ok. I've got to get to work so see you later.

I walk to work and Larry walks his son it school. It makes me sad seeing my brother like this, she wishes she could give him some of her determination and drive to do things but she cant. Seeing what happened last night just made me want to do more are the musium, seeing the most amazing people and animals come to life is amazing and seeing Larry wanting to throw that all away was heartbraking. Hopefully he wont quit after showing his son around.