Explain

#18- Explain

The three of them were inside the CEO's limo, it was painfully quiet as Lalisa was still sweating, she was nervous the CEO would spill everything. She really did want Taehyung to remember them himself.

They were on their way to pick up Taehyun, but the atmosphere inside the limo could suffocate anyone. The painfully awkward atmosphere was then broken by the CEO's voice.

"Taehyung, is Lalisa living with you?"

He asked looking at Taehyung. Taehyung was startled by this sudden question but he just nodded.

"If she's gonna end up like the others, then I'm going to kill you with my own hands,"

He warned. Taehyung just smiled and wrapped his hands around Lisa's shoulders, but deep inside he was nervous af. Lisa on the other hand, has her eyes widened. "Others? What happened to the others? Did they die or something? Am I gonna get brutally murdered here?!" Her neverending thoughts just made her more nervous. She should've normally been calm and collected, but somehow all the nerves in her body is sending her all the wrong signals and she couldn't help but be the way she is right now.

"Don't worry dad, she's the one this time,"

Taehyung reassured his dad still with his fake smile. Lalisa reached out to go and grab the water and drank it, her throat was so dry as the tension rises.

"Then marry her,"

The CEO's words shocked the both of them and Lalisa started choking. She coughed and signaled the other two that she was fine and they needed not to worry about her.

"As I was saying, if she's the one, then why not marry her?"

These words then made Taehyung nervous. He then took the ring on his pinky finger and silently took it off as he grabbed Lisa's hands and slipped it on her ring finger. He then happily raised her hands and said,

"Oh why yes father, we are actually engaged, just waiting for the marriage part,"

Hearing this, the CEO was enlightened,

"We love each other SO very much, right?"

He added and looked at Lalisa and gave her an expression that could kill, saying that she should just go with the flow. Lalisa collected herself, and took back her hand from Taehyung. She then smiled, Taehyung expected her to go with it because of her smile that could fool anyone.

"Oh, btw Taehyung, where is your pinky finger ring? I mean you have then rings for each of your fingers, what happened to the other one?"

Lalisa asked and at this point, Taehyung was seriously killing her in his mind, "I swear she was just so nervous before and now she's back to being calm and collected?!" He thought.

"Oh, I forgot it in the house darli-"

"Oh, you forgot it? That is understandable, but I wonder why this ring on my finger is so big that it could slip off if I do this?"

Lisa interrupted Taehyung before he could even finish his words and held her hand uoside down as the ring fell on the ground. The CEO sighed and said

"Explain,"

"Uh- dad I was just gonna-"

"Sir, I'm very sorry but your son and I aren't engaged, I am not even his girlfriend. Infact, the girl you saw back at the house before was his fiancé,"

Lalisa said as the CEO's face showed a look of surprised.

"No, dad, she's just playing hard to get,"

Taehyung argued

"Was this your mother's doing?"

The CEO asked in a serious tone, and at this point Taehyung thought that he should just drop the act and tell the truth.

"Yes,"

He said responding to his father's question.

"Do you... Love her?"

The CEO asked him looking at him with a rather soft and saddened face, he was confused as to why his father looked at him like that.

"Her?"

He asked.

"The girl back at the house,"

The CEO said answering Taehyung's question.

"No, no I don't, mom was the one who wanted her for me,"

He said, hearing this made the CEO a little bit happy, thinking that Lalisa still had the chance to be his daughter in law.

With all their chatting they didn't notice that they were already infront of the school, the body guard opened the door for them and Taehyung was the first one to get out of the limo, finally getting out of the vehicle filled with painfully awkward tension.

Lisa waited for the CEO to go next, but he silently sat there looking dazed. He then looked at Lalisa with a saddened smile on his face.

"I really wanted you to be with him,"

*
A/N:
1/3 of the chapters to be updated this week.

Sorry for the long wait, I was really bombarded with school work as our modules just came. And now that I only have two subjects to finish and the due date is still pretty far, I figured that I could update for you guys, I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you for the support!💜