The Frankel Footage

Em tossed and turned, whimpering in her sleep, old demons haunted her dreams and all she saw was the blood on her hands, on the white walls, on her hospital gown. She walked around the desk and there laid a lifeless body, she looked closer and its head turned. Em gasped recognizing the face. It was...

Him.

Em shot up in bed, gasping for air, she rubbed her tear-stained face and got up with a sigh. She took a shower, made coffee, and sat on the couch with a book. She'd grown accustomed to the recurring nightmares, waking up in the middle of the night and crying until morning. Since she got there her terrors restarted, seventy days of endless suffering, and she sat on the couch trying not to think of the one person she needed the most.

Diego and Lila hid behind a car waiting for a police car to pass, once it was gone they stood up from their crouched position.

"This way," Diego directed, crossing the street hurriedly.

Lila followed him and they ended up in an alley.

"All right," Diego said pensively. "We can't stay here too long. They're gonna be looking for us."

"The cops or those large Scandinavian fellas with guns?" Lila asked, furrowing her brows.

"Both," Diego stated, walking away, jumping o top of a dumpster, and stealing clothes from a drying rack.

"What are you doing?" Lila asked in confusion.

"I'm not gonna get very far dressed like a lobotomy case," Diego explained, throwing some clothes to Lila.

"You mean we won't get very far," Lila corrected.

"Look, I appreciate your help..." Diego said, walking down the stairs and pulling his shirt off. He stood with his back to Lila as they changed clothes. "But now, we go our separate ways."

"Why?" Lila asked with surprise.

"Because they're gonna be looking for us," Diego explained. "Together. We stand a better chance on our own."

"You need me," Lila noted firmly. "We make a good team."

"Too dangerous," Diego muttered, shaking his head.

"You didn't think so back in the fun house when I saved your ass, or did you?" Lila asked teasingly.

"Woah, woah," Diego muttered, hearing sirens he pulled Lila flush against him behind a pillar.

"Thought you were married," Lila whispered teasingly.

"If you get caught I get caught," Diego noted unamusedly, staring at the wall behind her.

"Your fly is undone," Lila commented off-handedly. "Gotcha," she whispered when he looked down.

"What is wrong with you?" Diego muttered incredulously.

Lila pulled him closer, looking over his shoulder, and waited for the police car to leave, "C'mon we'll get my car."

"What car?" Diego asked, furrowing his brows.

Lila picked up a rock from the ground, "This one," she said, breaking the window of a parked car.

Diego stared at her incredulously as she entered the car, "Hey."

"What? Don't like the color?" Lila asked after starting the car. "Stop being a princess and get in!"

"Shh!" Diego shushed, rushing to the passenger seat. "You know the other window was open, right?"