Run Boy Run

Klaus and Em took the bus to a part of the city Klaus had never seen before and once they got out Em led him to a suburban-looking house.

"We're breaking and entering into a soccer mom's house?" Klaus asked in confusion.

"No," Em laughed. "C'mon."

She walked up to the front door, took out a key from her pocket, and unlocked the door.

"Where are we?" Klaus asked as they entered the house.

"Home," Em answered, turning on the lights and setting her bag down by the door. "This is where Diego and I live," she explained.

Klaus looked around, it was... white, somewhat modern with an open floor plan and surprisingly no knives in sight.

"So, waffles was it?" Em asked, getting Klaus' attention.

"Yes!" he exclaimed excitedly.

"The kitchen is this way," she informed, walking over to the kitchen. "You can sit at the aisle." she smiled.

"So, you turned Diego into a soccer mom?" Klaus asked, sitting on the stool.

"Not really," Em chuckle, prepping the pots and pans. "He already was a soccer mom."

"Macho Diego? I really doubt that." Klaus noted, shaking his head.

"You know, you guys only got to meet Number Two..." Em sighed, gathering the ingredients. "Diego is a different person, he only got to be Diego once he left your dad until then he was only Number Two and where your dad is concerned he's only ever Number Two."

"So, Number Two fought Luther and Diego cried about it?" Klaus asked, trying to connect the dots. "Yeah, I saw his breakdown," he added.

"What kind of waffles do you want?" Em changed the subject. "Blueberry, chocolate, chocolate chip, banana..."

"We've never seen flavored frozen waffles," Klaus said pensively, looking over to an empty stool.

'"I did not bring you to my house so you could eat frozen waffles." Em scoffed in mock offense. "I'm making them from scratch," she informed matter-of-factly.

"Really? Home-made?" Klaus asked, acting touched. "Chocolate chip waffles, God has finally smiled upon us, Ben!" he announced to his deceased brother.

"Ben?" Em asked carefully. "As in your brother? Ben?"

"Right, yeah he's here too." Klaus nodded, biting his lip.

"Well, have you two decided on chocolate chip? Or does Ben want something else?" Em asked calmly.

"He wants chocolate chip too," Klaus said firmly.

"No, I don't." Ben reprimanded. "I want blueberry."

"You can't even eat it." Klaus shot back.

"What does he really want Klaus?" Em asked with a raised brow.

"Aha!" Ben exclaimed.

"Blueberry..." Klaus muttered, showing his tongue at the empty stool beside him.

"Well, then I'll make both, no worries," Em said, getting a box of blueberries from the fridge and a packet of chocolate chips from the cabinet.

"I like her," Ben said, smiling.

"Ben likes you," Klaus told Em.

"Well, thank you." Em blushed, starting the batter. "Diego said we'd have been good friends."

"He talks about me?" Ben asked her, even though she couldn't hear him.

"Diego talks about the family?" Klaus asked incredulously.