Chapter 61

Friday August 23rd, 2013

It was the crack of dawn. The sun had just breached over the horizon, its rays stifled by puffy clouds that had rolled it. Birds were just beginning to sing their melodies that serenaded the people that lived in Little Long Beach, whose songs would gently rouse people from their restful slumber.

Valarie and Emma did not get to hear the chirping of the birds. But a knock at their door.

"...Hmm?" Valarie muttered, her voice heavy with sleep.

"Someone is at the door..." Emma said with a yawn.

"Yeah, and I have a pretty good on who it is."

Valarie got out of bed, stretched, and walked toward the door. Once opened, it was exactly who she thought it was. Madison. She was wearing a business suit with a feminine flare, dyed in navy blue. There was something between her arms, though Valarie was not yet fully awake to dwell much though on it.

"It's not even 6 AM yet, Madison." Valarie told her.

"I know, and I apologize. I would normally not show up at such an early hour, but today is a special circumstance. You already know what's going on."

Valarie slowly nodded. "I do. But we're starting already?"

"In a way. First, you need to get fully awake."

Madison walked in and set aside what she was carrying. She moved to the kitchen and got started to get a cup of coffee prepped. Valarie sat herself at the kitchen table and waited for Madison to finish. Not long after, she was presented with a fresh cup of coffee. She took a sip and hummed in satisfaction.

"Oh man, this is some good coffee you made."

"I did say we are a coffee school. We know our stuff."

Valarie eagerly downed the drink and felt the caffeine work its magic. Now more alert, she was ready for the day ahead of them.

"Now to get you all dressed up." Madison informed.

She fetched the things she had brought and showed it to Valarie. It was a sleeveless business dress that hung just below the knees. Around the waist was a large ribbon. It was all dyed a splendid shadowy black.

"Oooh," Valarie uttered. "It's so beautiful and stylish."

"I'd knew you'd like it," Madison replied. She passed the dress to her along with a bag of accessories. "Put everything on. Let's see how they look on you."

Valarie went to her bedroom and into a walk-in closest. The closed the door behind her and got dressed. Madison waited to see her sister's new get up, with Emma, now fully awake, sat up in her bed and her eyes trained on the closest door. Two minutes transpired when the door then opened with Valarie walking out in her new attire.

"Alright," Valarie said, adjusting her dress. "How do I look?"

In addition to the sleeveless dress were stockings that too were dyed black that adorned her legs. For shoes, Valarie had a choice between flats or heels. As Valarie never before in her life has worn heels, and keenly aware of the learning curve involved, elected to go with the flats.

"Damn, does it all suit you so good." Madison said with a smile.

Emma didn't immediately respond, her eyes gleaming. She was entranced at Valarie's appearance. Valarie was already a beautiful girl, among all the other things she loved about her. Now, right before her eyes, Valarie has reached another level of beauty she didn't know was possible. Oh, how lucky she was to be with such a girl.