Chapter 10 - Date #2

I've already passed 3k reads within 9 chapters! Thank you so much, I'm overwhelmed! <3

-

The rest of our meal was talked over with light conversation. Both of us are treading lightly for obvious reasons. It's always been in the back of my mind that I haven't known him that long, but the reality of the situation kicks in. I haven't even known him a day! It's hard to understand that it was today my car broke down. It was mere hours ago that I thought Harry was hitting on Liz and then flew to Maine with me. Why did he do that?

Currently, Harry and I are sitting on my couch watching who knows what on the television, but Harry has taken a liking to it. He hasn't looked away since we sat down. My mother is in the other room making phone calls about the funeral and my father went to the store or something. Where is Danny? I haven't seen my brother since I've gotten home.

I'm exhausted at this point. I barely slept on the plane and we have been going going going since I got my mother's phone call. "Harry, I'm gonna head upstairs to take a nap. You can go to your 'room' if you will, or stay up here. Up to you."

Harry nods and I make my way upstairs. By this point it's around 1 o'clock. I have officially known Harry for 24 hours. Fucking green eyes are the last thing I see before sleep takes me.

-

"Char," my mother starts, earning no response. "Charlotte."

"Okay, I'm up. I can't believe you used my full first name. Low blow, mom."

"I was told to come wake you up.."

"By who?"

"That's a mystery. However, this person is also downstairs waiting for you to go out for dinner." I have gone out to eat more times in the last week than I have in my whole life. Why can't we just cook? And if Harry is the one behind this, like I'm assuming, how the fuck is he going to know his way around this city?

"I see you're feeling a bit better, yeah?"

"Not really. I'll tell ya, Char, this is hard. But I have got a whole lot of people still here and we can do this. Together. It'll be okay. I've been so busy I haven't even gotten the chance to ask you about school and who your friend is?"

"Not the right time for this conversation, mom. Soon."

My mom is feeling better, which is making me feel a bit better. I'm happy and sad at the same time and it's messing with my brain. Somehow I haven't been able to get my mind off of Harry and it's scaring the shit out of me. Why am I so intrigued by this guy? Because he followed me to Maine? All I know is that I want the next few days to fly by because this is a nightmare. I want the pain to go away and I want to remember every single good time I have shared with my grandpa. And I want Harry to be there with me at the funeral. Because he's a friend. Making me feel better. Comforting me. A comforting friend. Harry.

My mom leaves with a smile and I throw on some jeans and a nice blue sweater. It's not like I have time to get ready. Apparently Harry has a knack for being spontaneous. I throw on some mascara and check the time. Apparently my nap turned into a four hour sleep.

I walk downstairs and am greeted by a very different looking Harry. He is still wearing his black jeans, but his shirt is white and his hair looks damp. His eyes are still as green as ever, but I'm not seeing green. I'm seeing red. I'm seeing red flowers, in Harry's hand. Harry's face holds a Cheshire cat smile. (a/n: whaddup tay swift reference)

"For you, Charlotte." Harry says as he hands the flowers to me. My whole family has managed to play hide and seek for this moment. I awkwardly take the flowers and walk into the kitchen and place them in vase, Harry on my heels.

"Thank you." I smile. This is the first time I have ever received flowers from anybody besides my dad. But Harry doesn't need to know that.

"I'm taking you out."

"I heard. How are you going to do that though? You haven't even been here that long to tell the difference between my house and my neighbors house."

"Don't worry about that. I have it figured out, okay? I want you to promise me something tonight."

"What?"

"Forget everything that has happened in the last 24 hours. You don't know me. This is a blind date. I live in Maine. Tragedy hasn't just taken place. You're Charlotte, I'm Harry, and we're going on our first official date."

"Okay, Harry. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you. Are you hungry?" He asks me, before smiling at me.

"Yes."

And with that, Harry walks me out of my house, where a fucking black SUV is parked outside.

What the hell am I getting myself into with this guy?

-

a/n: ive missed writing. I keep posting crappy chapters but im sorry! Ive had midterms so I posted before just for there to be some type of update, and now midterms are over so im posting for there to be some content up. Hopefully the next chapters will be better written and planned out, I just don't know.

Like I said, this story was never meant to be this way. I never intended harry to fly to maine with char but things happen man.

I still need to figure where I want this story to go and how everything is going to progress. Is there anything in particular you would like to see?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. If you've shown any love to harry and charlotte and this story, I love you!!

Please vote! <3 It helps me so much

Love you,

Sam