Chapter 12 - Crazy

As I sat in my cafe, waiting for Harry to ask his first question, I realized that I never told Harry to just call me Char. And if I did, he clearly didn't listen because he always calls me Charlotte. It's not that I don't like my name, I just prefer Char. At least that's what I thought. That was before I heard my name come from Harry's perfect lips. However, I know knew what my first question was going to be.

"Okay, let's start out easy. What's your middle name?"

"Belle."

"Belle? Like Beauty and the Beast Belle?"

"I mean, it's spelled the same way, yeah, but I wasn't named after the Disney princess, Harry."

"But didn't you say that movie was your favorite? I see now..." As you can imagine, his cocky smirk was back.

"I told you I like that movie because of its soundtrack! It has nothing to do with my middle name." Harry rolled his eyes to my very true statement and took s sip of his hot chocolate. "Okay, my turn. Why do you call me Charlotte?"

His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. I could actually see him process my question as if it made no sense. "Is that not your name? If that's not your name, I've been a terrible terrible date."

"No, no, it is, but everybody calls me Char. Except you. Why?"

"Do you not like Charlotte?"

"You had your chance to ask a question, it's my turn, Harry."

"Well, I don't really have an answer for you, Charlotte. It's your name..you never made any indication that you didn't like it so why would I call you any thing different?"

"Is that your next question?"

"No. No, I wasn't finished answering yours. I call you Charlotte because it's a beautiful name. Like you. You're beautiful and your name fits you. Shortening it takes away the beauty behind. You deserve to be Charlotte."

Why he had taken my callow question and turned into something so real, I had no idea. But normally, I wouldn't like it and this time, I did. I don't know what it meant or why I felt this way, but I enjoyed hearing him say that. I think I'm starting to value his opinion the more I spend time with him. Knowing that he has some interest in me makes me happy. And instead of being sad about it, I wasn't. I pushed away those thoughts, and did what Harry told me to. I allowed myself to stay happy for the rest of the night.
-
After multiple random questions shot back between the two of us, I realized that I might be in too deep for whatever Harry was planning on. I was interested in everything he had to say, I wanted to know what he thought on certain topics. I got lost in the beautiful green of his eyes and his happy smile. it was there, at the cafe, looking into his eyes that I didn't want Harry to be my friend, but to be something more. I only knew one thing for sure, and that was that Harry liked me. He flat out told me that, but how much? As a friend, or as something more? I don't think I can be around him if we're just friends though.

This thought scared me though. Because let's say, on the odd chance that Harry does like me, I've never had a boyfriend before. I wouldn't know what to do or how to act. I would probably be the worlds worst girlfriend and Harry didn't deserve that. Harry deserves a girl who can give herself to him, not me. I'm too shy and awkward and it takes me a while to trust someone. Harry deserves something more than that. But I can't just be his friend.

We had just pulled up into my driveway by the time Harry had moved his hand from my thigh. We exited the black beauty and Harry held my hand as we walked up to my house. Even though we were both going inside, I felt like I was in one of those movies where the guy walks the girl to the front door and she gives him a goodnight kiss. I was not that girl though. We stood outside the door, both just looking at each other. Harry was the one to break the silence first.

"Thank you for coming out with me, Charlotte Belle."

"Thank you for taking me, Harry. I had a lot of fun."

Harry smiled his gorgeous smile. "Really?"

"Really. I don't know how you manage to do this."

"Do what?"

"I don't know, make me happy when I'm sad. I haven't even known you a week. It's not supposed to be like this."

"Who made the rules your following? You?"

"No, I'm not following any rules. It's just...I've never had something like this before."

"There are firsts for everything."

And then he kissed me. It wasn't sloppy or intense. It was beautiful and romantic and everything I could have ever asked for. It only lasted a couple seconds, but we were both smiling after it. I shyly bit my lip, relishing in the feeling of Harry's plump lips over mine. It's indescribable, really. It sent shivers through my body and butterflies erupted in my stomach. I only knew one thing. I wanted to do it again.

"I'm sorry. I had to do that." Harry spoke.

"Don't apologize, Harry. I'm supposed to be the awkward one."

He laughed and we both walked inside the house. I went upstairs to my room and Harry went downstairs to his room. My parents were already sleeping, apparently. It dawned on me that I haven't seen Danny since I have arrived home. Saying hello to him was on the top of tomorrow's checklist. Today, I am too tired and his room is too far away for my exhausted legs.

I hadn't been in my room more than 20 minutes before my phone went off. A message from Harry.

"I miss your smile. Is that crazy?"

I smiled at his message because he made me happy. Yeah, it was crazy. I haven't known him for more than a couple days, but like Harry said, why am I following rules that don't exist? I decided that from now on, I was going to allow myself to feel whatever I want for Harry. I've never experienced the whole relationship before, so I'm going to allow this to happen. If Harry hurts me, it's about time I experience a heart-wrenching break up. Screw it, I like him.

I messaged him back, "yeah, but what's wrong with crazy?"

----

A.n. you are all insane! The reads and votes on this story is blowing my mind and I just want to say thank you so much! I know I'm terrible at updating but I am really going to try to write more often! I love you all so much :)

Sorry for this awful short chapter after a whole month with no update, but like I said, I'm hoping to update more often and with better content.

enjoy this chapter, it's my present to you on my birthday!