Chapter 1 - New Beginning

Raindrops. As she stared out the window, the beading water was all she saw. She watched each raindrop land on top of other ones over and over again until they slid all the way down the window and disappeared. She felt like one of these raindrops, when really she has no reason to feel like this at all. Her life has been handed to her on a silver platter. She has a wonderful family and an insane amount of support. She has no reason to feel so depressed, but she is. And it's not like all she does is sit there and be depressed all the time, no, it wasn't like at all. In fact, nobody even knew she had any sort of personal issues because she's such an extrovert around those who she feels comfortable with. It just so happened that today was one of those "feel-bad-for-yourself days." Which sucked, by the way, because this was supposed to be one of the best days of her life.

She had just finished saying her goodbyes to her family who, of course, couldn't miss watching her board. It was laughable even, how much she had been blessed with amazing opportunities and people who constantly supported her.

She was on this plane to go to London, where she would be starting her study abroad program. Ever since she could remember, it has been her dream to go the United Kingdom. She wants to live there but she knows she could never leave her family. She would miss them too much, and they would miss her too much. But still, sometimes she wished she could just convince every single person she knows and associates with to move to London with her, so that everything could be the same, just in a place that she absolutely loves. So when she was a junior in high school, she made sure that every college she applied to offered the study abroad program because she was going to study in London for a year. And it's finally happening today.

She watches everything she knows get smaller and smaller until she's so far up they aren't even visible anymore as the plane takes off, even in the middle of a rainstorm. She extremely nervous to be doing this on her own, but she's excited. She's so excited and nervous at the same time that the man in the suit next to her sends her a death glare and that's all it takes. Suddenly she's freaking out and every insecurity she has comes to the forefront of her brain. If the rest of the flight is like this, it's going to be long.

*******

When the flight lands, she walks over to the luggage pick up, and waits patiently for her bag. When she sees the purple thing, she grabs it and walks outside, finally taking in the London air. It's her first time being in London, and everything is better than her expectations. There are English men all over the place, as if she actually had the guts to talk to one of them. Funny, right? The extrovert has a hard time socializing.

She walks over to the car rental place, attached to the airport, and rents one of the cheapest things on wheels they have. She doesn't exactly know what she is going to do with the whole transportation thing. She knows she doesn't want to walk eight miles every time she wants to rent a movie or grab a bite to eat. So, she either has to take a taxi everywhere she goes, rent a new car every week, or buy a really cheap car. Seeing as she doesn't have nearly enough money to rent a car every week, she decides that having a car will be better for her. What she's going to do with the car after the program is over though, she has no idea. She'll cross that bridge when she gets to it.

She hops in the car and plugs in the address to the University of London in her phone. When she gets there, she leaves everything in the car, and walks to the administration building, where she is given a key to her room, and a pile of paperwork that she will have to go through later.

She walks back over to the rental car and gets out her luggage and makes her way to her room. There is nobody inside yet, which is good, because she gets to pick which side of the room she wants. Right, by the way. She picks the right side.

Her dorm room is small, but not too small. It is painted a dull gray, with a window on the back wall. There are already two beds and two dressers in the room, but that's about it. She still has to go to the store or whatever the hell they call the store here, and buy sheets, towels, and all the other stuff she needs but didn't pack.

But she's tired, and she's had a long day, so she takes a hoodie out from her suitcase, puts it on, and lies down on the plain, empty mattress, falling asleep.

******

a/n: Right, so, I've never written anything in my whole life so just a warning: this will probably suck. Oh well. Also, there is no dialogue in here, and I've just realized that after I finished the chapter. Oh well, sorrrrry. I'm hoping this will get better, but literally, no promises bc I have no idea what I'm doing. Just wait for some human interaction tho, bc im hoping that will improve the story. Ok whatever im going now, please leave me some feeeeedbackkkkkk :(