Chapter 35 - The Snow Pack

MacKenzie's POV

I'm sitting in the lounge at the bar alone when Barry walks in

He looks upset and once he spots me, he sighs and is about to turn around but stops, turning back to me

"Where's Nora?" I ask

"I, um, I took her home." Barry says

"What?" I ask, standing up from the bar stool

"I just went through this with Iris." Barry says. "I'm tired, can we please go home?"

"No." I tell him

"What?" Barry asks

"I'm not going anywhere until you explain to me why you took my sister back without telling me." I say, crossing my arms

"I can't trust her!" Barry exclaims. "That puts all of us in danger! She lied to us for months." It's silent for a moment as I stare at him. "And you know what? You lied to us too. You should have came to me the second you found out."

I drop my arms to my sides

"She came to me." I tell him. "Nora came to me scared and upset. My sister came to me in confidence that I would keep her secret and help her. If I've learned anything from therapy it's that you let others tell their stories and secrets on their own time. You help them. You don't tell someone else's secrets, you don't get mad when they finally tell you, and you sure as hell don't let them get outed by someone in front of a bunch of people." Barry stares at me as I talk. I shoulder my backpack and start walking to the door. "You're the one that did something wrong, Barry. You should have shut Sherloque down as soon as he opened his mouth. You let Nora get outed in front of everyone she cares about."

"You think I wanted to do this?" Barry asks. "That this was easy? Seeing Nora looking at me, asking for forgiveness knowing it might be the last time I ever see her?"

"What about the last time I get to see her?" I ask, turning around in the doorway

"It doesn't matter! Thawne is manipulating her." Barry tells me. "She is working with the man who killed my mother."

I stare at him

"That doesn't bother you..." Barry whispers. "God, you're just like Iris." He says into his hands, wiping his face. "Maybe if he killed your mother in front of you, you'd feel differently..."

"Are you kidding me right now?" I ask in a whisper and Barry looks at me. "Are you kidding me right now." I say louder. "My mom and my dad were killed in front of me. My brother was killed in front of me while helping you. You don't think I have my fair share of grief? Do you know how hard it has been for me, watching you play God?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Barry asks

"You've changed the timeline god knows how many times!" I yell. "And yet my brother is still dead. My parents are still dead. And you just took my sister, my sister, back without letting me say goodbye. I didn't get to say goodbye to my parents! I didn't get to say goodbye to Ronnie! You've only changed the timeline in your favor! So, no, I don't care that she was working with Thawne. She is my sister, my family. I grew up with the belief that you protect your family because family is always and forever."

I turn around on my heel and start walking away

"Where are you going?" Barry calls after me and I turn around

"I'm going to the cemetery to see my family." I tell him. "Or are you gonna take that away from me too?"

I storm out of the lounge and down the hall