Chapter Nineteen

There was a rustling sound somewhere close by but Myra did not open her eyes. She felt the ropes which were covered in wolfsbane that did nothing to her, wrapped around her body which was tied to a chair.

Myra listened. There was more than one person here in the room. She could feel Luna in her mind, growling. They had not injected her with anything as she opened her eyes. Her sight was still limited to seeing everything in red.

There were two men, strangers she had never seen before, standing besides the door she was facing. A woman stood besides the metal table where injections were placed, with all sorts of needles. There were no windows for her to escape from as she looked around the empty room.

Everything was so cold.

Her body shivered as she let out a breath which she saw float into the air. Frost. Cold. It was when Myra noticed  the males and the woman were wearing big fur coats that seemed to keep them warm. Luna was shivering inside her mind, her name being echoed off the walls as Myra opened her mouth.

"I'm cold." Her voice was a whisper as she shivered, not able to use her strength to pull the ropes off her body. She felt frozen to the core, her fingers were so numb as she tried and failed to move them.

"That is good." The woman's voice felt like a distant sound as Myra watched her turn to the males on the side. She nodded at them and they opened the door.

Instantly the warm air filled the room and she let out a sigh of relief. There was a fire burning somewhere but it warmed her up enough to stop the shivering. She closed her eyes, feeling the hot air on her, letting it warm up her body but that second of peace was snatched away from her as someone slammed the door shut.

She opened her eyes in an instant to see Jackson closing the door, a growling passing his lips as he stared at the men. "Did I fucking say you can open the door?"

The men shrunk back, as if they could hide in the door they were leaning against. Jackson turned his head around to stare at Myra who was feeling the shivers running up her body again as the tips of her fingers were coated in frost.

His eyes were taunting her with every step he took towards her. "Leave." He dismissed the others and immediately everyone left the room.

Jackson didn't look any different than before. The bald head, the big beer belly, the yellow teeth. Everything to do with him disgusted her.

He stood in front her with that knowing look as if to say where will you go now? Myra watched him take a step back, the forced bond inside of her indicating he was nervous. On edge for something to happen.

Elias? She tried to focus on her mind rather than the sound of a chair being scrapped.

There was no answer.

Myra knew where she was. There was only one place they could drag her body to,to kill her in the place she was tortured every night. She was home. In her basement where there were no longer any chains hanging for her to use.

It had changed, much colder than before as if they wanted to freeze her to death.

Myra could not open her mouth to curse, to say anything as she watched Jackson sit in front of her on the chair. She waited for him to say something, anything and he did.

"I think it is time to finally tell you the truth." His voice was loud as if he knew she was finding it difficult to hear, to focus on anything other than the cold.

Suddenly the door opened, and a small heater was dragged inside by a male. He placed it besides her feet, turning it towards her.

Her feet were instantly warm while the rest of her body shivered. It was better than anything as the warmth filled her body, her mind,her soul.