Chapter 4

I stared into his face, my words lost.

"Riley," I breathed out. I'm not even sure why I told him my name. I mean, he remembered Kate, why not mine? But I didn't even question it as I stared at him. He matured a lot. He had scruff now, and his eyes shone brighter than I remember. He still had a goofy grin on his face, and he was a lot cuter than I remember.

"Riley, Hi," He waved at me, staring more deeply in my face. "I think I do remember you." His eyes switched back and forth from mine, searching for something.

I nodded my head, not being able to stop myself from saying, "You do." It wasn't in a snappy voice like I had expected, it was in a soft voice that seemed innocent.

He smirked at me, his eyes flicking to my shirt. "Nice shirt, by the way." He winked at me, slipping something into my hands. "Tell me about it after the show. I need to go. Bye, love." He kissed my palm and walked away, Niall and Harry walking away. Harry's eyes swept over my body before walking away, humming under his breath.

"Oh my gosh!" Kate fangirled. "Harry Styles totally eyed you up!" She was pulling on my arm now, screaming at the top of her lungs smiling like an idiot.

I rolled my eyes. "It was nothing. He was just being a creep. And anyway, I was too busy talking to Louis." I shook my head, my cheeks warming up. "Wow, he changed a lot."

Kate's smile grew even wider. "Does someone like a certain someone again?" She yelled in a sing-songy voice.

My eyes snapped to her. "No!" I yelled immediately.

Kate laughed, shaking her head, pulling me along beside me with a lot of force, causing me to drop the things Louis had pushed into my hand. Kate bent down to pick them up, and began screaming. I covered my ears, cringing away from her.

"What?" I yelled annoyed.

"He gave you backstage passes?" Kate screamed, jumping up and down. "He's letting us see him backstage? Oh my gosh! I can't even actually believe it!" She yelled, and she was crying. Literally she was crying.

"Calm down," I laughed, shaking her slightly to get her to snap out of it. "You knew him before he got famous. Nothing's changed."

Kate sighed dramatically. "He's always been famous, though. You don't get it! Even in high school he was popular then, and he's even more popular now." I couldn't believe what she was saying. Yeah, he was famous, but he honestly was the same jerk from high school.

I shook my head. "Want to head to where our seats are?" I asked her, hoping she would stop freaking out. I laughed as she just stared at the passes. I laughed, grabbing her arm and pulling her. "Let's sit down, Kate!" I laughed.

Two Hours Later

The concert had started, and I watched the five boys dance and sing around on stage. I stood there, bobbing to the music. Songs I didn't even know were playing, and the fans around me were screaming their hearts out along. I watched as Riley was crying as she bounced on her toes, trying to get Louis' attention.

After a few songs, Louis stepped forward and was talking into the microphone.

"Do you guys know what my favorite part about playing here in Doncaster?" He asked, and people started screaming different answers, that you couldn't even understand them. "I love the fact that I can look around and see all the familiar faces of my past classmates." He answered, waving to a few people in the crowd. "I know you, I know you," He was walking across the stage, pointing to people in the crowd. "I know you," He said, winking to Kate, and then to me, he asked teasingly, "Do I know you?"

I rolled my eyes. He hasn't changed at all I guess. I just waved back at him and mumbled under my breath, "I'm Riley."

"This everyone is my good friend, Riley here in the crowd. She used to go to my school, and I'm so happy she's here. How about we all say a huge, Thanks Riley to her?" Louis asked, a smirk on his face.

Oh God, no! Please no! I do not want this. I sent a glare to Louis. We barely even talked in high school cause he completely forgot about me. Why now is he trying to act like he knows me? Honestly, I don't want this attention from him.

"One, two, three..."

Everyone in the arena screamed as loud as they could, "Thanks Riley!" Great. Just great.

Louis laughed loudly into his microphone. "Thanks, I'm sure she appreciated that." He looked at me, a smirk on his face. "Now, enough chit chat. I say it's time to sing again. So here is the next song; Act My Age, cause that's exactly what I refuse to do!" The music started and the boys began singing, and I wished with all of my might to just shrink into nothing. I did not want to be here.

Two Hours Later

Kate and I headed backstage, our passes in our hands. We walked through a bunch of hallways and a lot of security checks and crap, and we were finally backstage. Kate was bouncing on her toes, anxiously looking for the boys, and I stood next to her, my arms crossed.

If they don't show up in five minutes, I'm just going to walk out of here. I don't even really like this band, why am I doing this? I looked over at Kate and cursed myself for being such a good friend.

"Hello, ladies!" I heard Louis' familiar voice call. He walked up behind Kate and me and slung his arms across our shoulders. "Do I know you?" He asked cheekily.

Great, I thought. Just kill me now.