Chapter 9

I smiled at Louis as he brought his chair closer to mine.

"Why are you all by yourself?" Louis asked, a wide grin on his face. Something about the way he sat there, his hair slightly messy from just waking up, cutting too-fluffy pancakes, a grin on his face was just really...attractive. Wait, this is Louis, what am I thinking?

I just shrugged, trying to rid my mind of those horrid thoughts. "I just didn't have anyone to sit with, I guess." I responded.

Louis smirked. "No need to fear, Superman is here."  He said in a mock heroic voice.

I let out a small giggle, and gasped slightly. I remember watching the video diaries the boys used to do, and Louis did that all the time! "Wow!" I said aloud.

"Wow what?" Louis asked, taking another bite of his food. "Am I really that attractive of a Superman?" He teased.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust and shook my head. "Ew, you wish!" I said back, playfully. "I was just thinking about how you used to do that Superman thing in the video diaries."

Louis smiled, his eyes clouded for a few seconds as he thought back to the video diaries. He smiled at me. "Those were good times." He agreed. "Too bad I'm not that big of a Superman fan." Louis admitted laughing loudly.

"You aren't?" I cried back in surprise, laughing too.

Louis shook his head. "No, I'm not that huge of a fan, but they saw that I had a Superman tee in my suitcase and told me to wear it for the video diaries, and pretend to be Superman. I was an immature teen then so I was all in for in. Looking back I'm just like, 'Oh goodness, I was an idiot in more than half of those videos."

I laughed. "Don't worry, you were the idiot that made everyone laugh." I said, smiling at him.

Louis smiled. "Good, I'm glad I got people to laugh." Our eyes connected and it was as if someone pressed paused on the world. It was just as if Louis and I were on the only people in the cafeteria at the moment, and nothing else mattered except us sitting at this table together.

"Hey, mate. Mind if I join you lovely people?" Harry's voice caused us to break eye contact. I felt a blush appear on my cheeks. What was that about?

"Sure thing, Hazzy!" Louis agreed, a chuckle coming off his lips.

"I do love me some breakfast!" Harry said, rubbing his hands together and digging into the pancakes he had gotten himself.

"So, what are the plans for today?" I asked, pushing my food away, done with my meal.

"Zayn has some weird meeting with management today, and Niall, Liam, Lou, and I were planning on going shopping. You and Kate are definitely welcome to join us!" Harry offered, smiling brightly at me. I returned the smile. Everyone in this band is so nice!

"Su-" I began to say, but I was cut off by Louis.

"I'm actually not I the mood to shop today." He said, finishing his last pancake. "You all head out, I think I'm going to stay behind."

"Aw, don't stay behind!" I protested. How unfair would it be for all of us to go out shopping and leave one person behind.

Louis shook his head. "No all of you go. I just, don't feel like shopping." Louis shrugged his shoulders like it was no big deal, but I could tell it was a big deal to him because his eyes looked hurt and sad.

Harry seemed to understand and said, "Riley and I can stay behind with you, mate."

Whoa! I do believe I can make my own decisions here. I mean, yes I was going to offer to stay behind doesn't mean that Harry gets to make my choices for me! I took a deep breath, calming myself. It isn't that big of a deal. It's not his fault he has a habit of making other peoples choices.

"Yeah, I can stay behind with you." I added.

Louis smiled and said, "You really don't have to."

"Yes we do!" I argued. "You are not staying behind by yourself. I would be more than glad to hang with you for a while."

"Me too," Harry added.

Louis smiled at us. "Wow, thanks guys."

Harry and I grinned back at him and Harry said, "We could play board games, cause those are fun, right?" Harry offered.

I got really excited. "I would love to! What do you say Louis?" My eyes were wide with excitement and I turned them to Louis.

His smile grew when he saw the exited look on my face. "Sure, what games do you suggest?"

"What games do you have?" I asked.

Harry pushed his tray up, signaling that he was done eating. "Why don't we throw our trash away and head up to the room and see what we have? I'm sure we have enough games to open a game store." Harry joked.

Louis chuckled, picking up his stuff and agreed, "You got that right,"

I laughed, picking up my own tray and I headed towards the trash can. I disposed of the leftover and put the tray on top of the can. Louis fell into step with me as we headed towards the table with Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Kate.

"Hey guys!" I greeted with a small wave. They all looked up and smiled and waved at us.

"Hey, girl!" Kate said, smiling brightly at me. I realized how close her chair was to Niall's, and I smirked. She noticed and blushed.

"We're going to head up to our room." Harry said. "We're going to turn down the shopping offer."

Liam looked a bit upset at the news. "Really?" He asked, a frown on his face.

"Yeah, Louis wasn't really up for shopping so we offered to keep him company.  You all of fun, we'll probably be in our hotel room playing board games." Harry explained.

"Aw, we'll miss you guys." Kate said, and our eyes locked. We exchanged a small smile. Kate knows that I'm not that big of a shopper, so missing this whole shopping trip wasn't too devastating for me.

"Well, have fun up there. We'll buy you something if you want." Niall offered.

I shook my head. "No need. We'll be fine."

Niall shrugged his shoulders. "Suit yourself. Have fun!" They all waved as Harry, Louis, and I headed out of the café and towards the hall. I couldn't wait for a day of playing board games.