Chapter 5

"Ladies, I'm sure you would be more than happy to meet the lads, so shall I introduce you?" Louis winked to Kate and then led us to a room backstage where there were two red couches, a vending machine, a mini fridge, and a small T.V.

"Oi!" Louis yelled, getting everyone's attention. "Lads, I want you to meet my friends Kate and Riley. We were mates back in high school."

I exchanged a look with Riley. Hers said, Mates? Yes, please! And mine said, And when did this so called friendship start?

"Hello!" Liam called form the couch.

"Hi," Niall mumbled, his nose buried in his phone. I peeked down at his phone and saw him on Twitter. I mentally rolled my eyes. These boys can be white girls.

"Nice to meet you," Zayn said.

Harry stood up and gave Kate and I a hug. "Hello, ladies. We're all so glad you came back here." He grabbed my hand and kissed my palm. "I can't wait to get you more." He whispered.

Louis shoved him back a little. "Watch it, Styles. These are my besties." Louis teased, but there was a glint in this eye.

Harry just smirked and returned to the couch.

Louis faced us. "Well, tomorrow the lads and I have a break. Would you ladies care to spend our break with us. It would be so wonderful to catch up. How long has it been?" Louis cried, in fake surprise.

"I would love to!" Kate cried. "I..I mean we would love to. Right, Riley?" Kate gave me a look that seemed to say, If you turn this down  I will personally murder you in your sleep.

So I nodded my head and said, "Yaay." In the most unenthusiastic voice I could muster.

"Perfect!" Louis yelled, leaving Kate and I's side and heading to the mini fridge. "I'm sure we can find sleeping arrangements on the bus for you two. This will be a blast!" Louis turned around and winked at me.

Did he say sleeping arrangements? As if, we were sleeping with them? Like, we're staying with them? No way! When was this decided?

"Well, as fun as sleeping here sounds-"

"I can't wait. Show us to the bus!" Kate cut me off, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to the boys.

"Then let's load the bus." Liam said, and we headed out the back door, to where their bus was waiting.

"Where is it staying for the night?" I asked, staring at the bus. I still did like this idea of us staying with them and all.

"To our hotel." Louis said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the entire world.

"Wait, are we staying in the bus or a hotel?" I asked, trying to figure this out. Louis was not making sense.

"Our hotel." Louis said, and he chuckled, slinging an arm across my shoulders. "You're so clueless." He brought his lips close to my ear. "It's so cute."

I shoved him away from me, and pulled my arms close to myself. Ew, he was being such a creep! He has never cared about me before, why is he giving me all of this attention? It just doesn't make any sense! All through high school he forgot I even existed! Why now? Why does he all of a sudden want to be friends?

All of the boys climbed onto their bus, and Kate and I followed. Kate's jaw dropped as she gazed around happily.

"Oh my goodness! This is a amazing!" She cried, taking everything in.

Liam smiled at her. He stared at her and said, "We could give you girls some of our clothes to sleep in if you need. I know this is short notice and all, but we're willing to give you clothes."

Kate beamed at him. "Thanks, Liam." She said. She blushed and looked down. "Sorry if it was weird calling you Liam. I know you didn't introduce yourself to me yet and all but I just know you who you all because you're famous and all but I don't want to seem creepy and-"

Liam caught Kate's babbling off, thank goodness. "Kate, it's okay."

Kate seemed to melt hearing him say her name. "Okay," She breathed out.

"I'll go grab you guys some clothes," Niall offered. Hearing him talk sent a blush to my face. Wow, Irish accents are pretty amazing.

"I can grab Riley some clothes, you can just get Kate some." Harry offered. Niall nodded and they disappeared down one of the narrow hallway things on the bus.

"Well, looks like they beat me to it, haha." Louis chuckled to himself. "The bus will be at the hotel soon. How about you meet the other boys. You already know me." He winked at Kate and I, and gestured to the other lads sitting in the area.

"Lou, you sound like some tour guide or something. Chill out." Zayn said, laughing.

Louis turned tomato red and said angrily, "I was just trying to be helpful."

Liam saw Louis' face and started cracking up. "Okay, you either like one of those girls, or you got sunburnt tonight."

Louis grit his teeth. "I don't like either of them. They're friends from school that I haven't seen in a while. Jeeze, Liam. Can you at least try being a decent person in front of my friends?"

Liam stopped laughing, as if this outburst wasn't odd and just shook his head. "Okay, okay." He turned to Kate and I. "I'm Liam. It's nice to meet you guys. You must have been really close friends to Lou, and any friend of Louis is a friend of ours."

Liam was nice, he seems nice. I smiled and Liam and Kate said, "Yeah,"

Something wasn't right, though. Liam said we must be close friends to Louis, but we weren't. I tried thinking about why Louis was over protective.

Maybe all of his high school friends left him when they found out that their football captain left to join a boyband. Maybe the ditched him, and he's happy to see at least someone from school who still supported him. It made me feel a little guilty about scribbling on my shirt.

Harry and Niall returned with clothes. Harry handed me his clothing. He handed me black sweatpants and a purple Jack Wills sweatshirt.

"The bathroom is that way. Here's a trash bag to put your clothing in." Harry said, smiling a me.

I smiled back. "Thanks." I slipped into the bathroom and quickly changed out of the clothes and threw on the clothes Harry gave me. It was really baggy. It was cozy, but baggy. I smiled at how frumpy I looked in it, and left the bathrooms.

Harry's eyes roamed me when I stepped out of the bathroom.

"Thanks for the clothes," I mumbled, and I sat awkwardly on one of the couches.

As guilty as I feel for Louis, it doesn't erase one thing. All through high school,  he forgot about me. Honestly, how is that even possible? I half expected him to look at me when I walked out of the bathroom and ask me those famous words,

"Do I know you?"