Chapter 1- First Meeting

Percy's P.O.V

Jack and I were walking away from our tree/bed. Let me explain to you about myself and Jack. You see my name is Percy Jackson a 9 year old whose parents were dead and 'lives' with a stepdad that abuses me.

Oh and I have ADHD, Dyslexia, and I'm blind too. Jack is my eye seeing dog that leads me around.

We were heading to a library that has Braille books where I can read about Greek Mythology. I ran away from my Step-father Gabe.

I have a black-eye where I wear shades and have a New-York hat on to hid my face. It was summer right now and I have a small part time job at the library too, so I get payed.

Nick and Abby, the librarian's, know about Gabe and always help me. I always told them that I was fine and they gave me a job. I knew the Library inside and out, know where some secret places are too.

In return for my work I get $10 an hour and get to take home 3 books each day. I love to read especially Greek Mythology, building materials, computer coding, horses, sea animals, and music articles/songs.

I was walking toward the Library when someone ran into me and pulled out a gun, at least I think it was a gun I felt. He pulled it out and was about to shoot when Jack attacked him.

Let me explain Jack, Jack is a veteran German Shepard from Afghanistan. He was my brothers before he died and left him to me. My brother Tyson was actually my half-brother but I didn't care.

He was an awesome big brother and spoiled me when he was home. When Jack came here he knew some things about Blind kids but learned a lot more when we entered him in a program.

Jack was my eye-seeing dog that I almost never leave. He only doesn't attack Gabe because I tell him not to.

I didn't want him accidentally killing Gabe, police making Jack go to the pound to be 'in a better place' or have me go to an orphanage. Sometimes when Gabe really hurt me I would call for Jack to have him help me.

Anyway Jack chased off the guy who was bleeding from his arm I think, I smelled blood and knew it wasn't mine. I know the smell of my blood this one was a more lighter smell I guess.

Jack has a small backpack on his back where my walking-stick is so I just stood there calling for Jack.

That was until some people bumped into me.

Steve's P.O.V

The Avengers, minus Thor, were walking from the ice-cream place. Just finishing a ice-cream cone we were all talking not paying attention in front of us. That was until we ran into a small boy, maybe 8 or 9.

He freaked out and looked at us, somewhat. What I mean somewhat was his eyes were at us but looking past us too. "Who are you?" The boy asked. I was shocked a little we did recently save New York.

"We're the Avengers, what's your name?" I asked the boy getting to his eye level so he could look at me. He must not have cared or somethings for he kept looking behind us but had his head to the side as if he was listening.

"Percy." Was all the small boy said.

"Why are you standing in the middle of the sidewalk Percy?" Bruce asked the boy nicely moving forward to him. I could see Percy jump. Had he not known Bruce was there?

"I lost my dog and I he won't come when I call." Was all he said

Now I was confused, I guess everyone was to because Tony asked, "Why don't you go looking for your dog then?"

"Can't." Was his reply

"Why not?" Natasha asked

"Can't see." he replied then it clicked in my brain, he was blind.

"Don't you have a walking stick or somethings?" Clint asked you could hear the curiosity in his voice.

"I made a mistake and put it in the backpack Jack has on." Percy replied. I started to hear thumping against the pavement, I guess Percy did to for he looked that way and smiled brightly. He then yelled, "Jack...come." With that I saw a German Shepard come into view with small bit of blood on his muzzle.

Percy bent down and opened his arms, like he was waiting for a hug from a toddler. The dog ran straight to Percy and but his head against Percy's chest as if saying 'hello to you too' and started to lick his face.

"Is that blood on his muzzle?" Clint asked. Percy looked confused then his hand went around the dog's muzzle and pulled back. He felt it and then wiped it on a towel from his pocket.

"Probably, did you bite the guy boy?" Now I was confused, why was Percy not punishing the dog for biting someone. He seemed to have read my thoughts and probably the teams for he replied, "The guy that Jack most likely bit was the one that we ran into and who I think at least, pulled out a gun about to shoot. I heard his hand around it about to pull the trigger when this dog bit him and chased him off." Percy said petting the dog behind the ear, who in return started to thump his left hind leg.

Percy then got up and patted his leg. Jack the dog went over there immediately and sat down ready for orders. "Well, it was nice meeting the mighty Avengers and all but I got to go." With that he started walking and Jack lead him around making sure he didn't hit anything.

We all went back to the tower thinking about a boy who seemed really happy even though he was blind. It was a good day.

Percy's P.O.V

"Sorry I'm late, Jack had ran off with my walking stick too and we met some people too. I'm here now what do you need me to do?" I asked Abby and Nick.

They gave me a pile of books with sticky-notes on them with Braille on them. I nodded and set off to put these books back and checked-in books that were dropped off.

I stayed for 7 hours and picked out the three books I was going to read that night and go my money and started to head toward the door.

Outside Jack and I stopped by McDonalds and got some food, after we went back to the forest where our tree we slept in was. I climbed it and put down the ramp that Jack used to get to the tree-house.

My mom built me a tree-house in this forest where I could just be one with nature and listen to everything. It was nice for it had a small fridge and sandbags along with a small mattress with the sleeping bag on it.

I smiled and got ready for bed, Jack curled up next to me as I cuddled him and we fell asleep just like that. Outside of the tree-house was a small pond which I made a small shower and bathroom out of.

I used hoses and other tools I paid for and put together a small shower that will last for a good amount of time and put it in my tree-house. I knew my tree-house perfectly for it was just for me.

I also made various things and hung pictures that I could touch hang on my wall so I could feel them. Feel my mom mostly, I had some pictures of me with my dad but I don't remember him that much to my disappointment.

My mom died in a car crash two years ago, my dad died when I was only 4 years old. In my tree-house I had a deck of 3D cards which I could feel the number, A small fountain I made, sea-shells and other things I found at the beach also hung in my house.

It made a beach/sea feeling that I loved. The beach was also near my tree-house, it always reminded me of how my parents met.

I'm 9 and this is a story of how I became a son to the Avengers...