Chapter 12- Don't Flinch

Percy's P.O.V

I woke up when I heard the doors opening. The Avengers also woke up, mostly, Tony was somewhat getting up.

They were alert when a guard came in and took me by the arm and was leading me out. The guard who had me called to his friend, "Take the others to the observation deck, Fred wants them to watch." I closed my eyes preparing for what is coming.

The guard brought me down a familiar hallway where the echoes of our footsteps went down and out the doorway that was closed at the moment.

The guard said something under the lines of 'open up' and heard the rumbling of the door. Think of this place like a colosseum, where the gate is opening and rows of seats were everywhere with one place for the 'king'.

Only this place was smaller. I stepped into the ring and heard the Avengers in the seats above. This was the training area, where you learn how to shoot and gun and bow, throw knives, wrestle, sword fighting, hand-to-hand combat, and other things. Including different types of karate.

The guard handed me the sword that was especially made for me, Riptide. A bronze sword with a water design on the handle. Just balanced enough and was the perfect height.

I walked into the middle and got into a fighting stance. I could hear the Avengers confused. But one thing they don't know about Fred is that he loved Greek Mythology and created holograms of each creature, only they do in fact hurt you and sometimes kill.

I heard a roar and knew that I got one of the deadlier monsters. I also heard the Avengers gasp, only they didn't know I defeated the Minotaur before.

I closed my eyes and extended my powers feeling the water in the air. I heard the monster roar once more and hurt his feet as he started running. I dropped my sword knowing exactly what to do.

I got my stance ready and at the last second I jumped high into the air backflipping the Minotaur and landed behind him.

The Minotaur only has one movement, forward. Using this as an advantage I ran toward the monster as his horn was stuck into the cobble walls of the arena.

I got onto his head and pulled the horn off. These holograms were practically real down to the smell and feel.

The horn gave away with an audible 'snap' and I flew off his back as he grunted in pain.

I took the horn into my hands and got into a ready stance. The minotaur got free from the wall and was getting ready to ram into me again. He charged.

My knees were bent in anticipation, I rolled to the side at the last second and stabbed the Minotaur in the belly.

Golden like sand started falling then disappeared, meaning the hologram ended.

I stood up and the horn that was in my hands also started to fade away just like the monster. Honestly I do sometimes wish I could keep it as a souvenir but I know that complaining won't do anything but get me in trouble.

I heard the sigh of relieve from the Avengers. I also heard the clanging of what I could guess is the chains/handcuffs on them.

"Good work, could be better, time to throw some knives." Fred said with what I think a gleam in his eyes.

The only problem I have is that I work with the other kids, the ones that really hate me.

I could also tell the Avengers were really tense about me doing this stuff. It feels weird to have someone look out for me again and I sometimes just want to run from it but I know better.

Heading the way to the throwing targets I started throwing knives. All hitting the center. I heard clanging as some newcomers were trying to throw the knives.

Fred stopped in front of a small boy from the sounds of the footsteps they both made, "Go pick them up." Everyone knew better than to stop throwing knives and I guess the others noticed I didn't stop and kept throwing.

But what Fred was doing was stupid, the newcomers were at one end, if the boy went to pick up his knives it was obvious that he might die.

"But they are throwing the knives." The scared boy said.

If you watched the movie Divergent it is similar

"Are you afraid?"

"Of moving knives being thrown yes."

"Everyone hold fire."

Once everyone stopped throwing Fred looked to the boy.

"Get in front of the target, if you flinch then you get killed."

I could hear the small boys heart beat really fast. I knew what was going to happen so stepped forward.

"Anyone can stand in front and not flinch."

Fred turned to me, "Would you like to take his space?" He challenged

I shrugged and started moving forward to the target, honestly I've done this before.

Fred picked up the knife for I heard the swirl of the wind as he twirled it and I felt it in his hands using my powers.

He threw the knife. It was two inches from my head. He threw another knife. 1 inch away. Throwing another that chipped my ear. Throwing the last knife that would have been straight threw my head if I had not reacted and caught the knife.

Glaring daggers at him I walked over and set the knife on the table and walked back to my station. I heard the Avengers throughout to ordeal and felt guilty.

I put myself in danger and they were worried sick. Before I started walking toward the target I heard Natasha hiss, "What is he doing." I felt guilty but kept a blank face.