Chapter 17

I meet Tomas in first period and sit down next to him. "How was your weekend?" He asks as I make myself comfortable.

"It was..okay I guess, you?"

"It's was very quiet," he turns to me, I watch how oddly clam he his and raise an eyebrow.

"Quiet?" It comes out harsher then I imagined.

"I was at a beach house, nothing but waves." He nods and my heart skins a little as my ear pick up on an unwanted conversation.

"You're coming over to my house today right?" My eyes drift away form Tomas and land on a particular blonde talking to Saint, she's leaning over the desk to get to him probably flashing her boobs at him. He however has his eyes on her's.

"Sure," he nods and she does a little giggle.

"Oh goodie!" She says happily, and I can't help but roll my eyes at them. That must be the bitch he was talking about. "Can I get a kiss?" She pleads and he leans in putting their lips together, I grimace in disgust just as the bell rings.

"You are not a fan of them." Tomas chuckles and I look back at him. His forest eyes look down at me and I look back at Saint and his girl unintentionally, I tune them out just as our chemistry teacher walks in. He takes his seat and minds his own business.

I open my agenda and get out my chemistry booklet and start where I left off last lesson. "You're doing the work." Tomas states the obvious and I nod.

"Tell me about your beach house," I tell him.

"Well it belonged to my grandparents and got passed down to my parents and now to me, so it's been in my family for quite a while. It's about an hour away and the best get away," he pauses and I look up at him confused to why he stopped talking. "Anyways.." he continues.

He keeps going on about the beach house and to my surprise it lasts the whole damn lesson, I picked up that he's the official owner and the water is actually form the ocean making the experience even better.

{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}

The weeks pass as the day of our week of 'camping' arrives, turns out we're not going camping but to Fiji. Fiji! Like seriously how can you mix camping with Fiji?

I grab my duffel bag full of everything I could possibly need in Fiji and then grab my shoes and head downstairs, I walk into the kitchen where I find my father sorting out some documents. I don't even know why he's still up, it's almost five in the morning. The sun's not even out yet.

"Here's your passport," he hands me my passport and I put it in my front pocket "here's my card," he puts it out for me to take and just as I'm reaching over he pulls away "try not going over the limit."

"If you insist." I smile taking it and put it in the same place I put my passport. I bend putting my shoes on and my dad walks over to me taking my duffel bag form me.

It doesn't take us long to get out the penthouse and into the car, after I buckle myself in I throw my head forwards tying my hair up into a high ponytail. I pull some hair out by my ears as the car rolls over some bumps making me shift in my seat.

When my dad gets to school there's a yellow bus with a huddle of kids in front of it, I get out the car taking the duffel bag with me. The warm end of March air hits my sink as my father makes his way to me. "Thank you Dad." I hug him.

"Be safe," he hugs me back and we stay there for a little until I pull away, I give him a little wave as he gets into his car.

I walk up to the huddle and spot Tomas out quite easily since he's the only one that's alone, I walk up to him and as I do I can't help but feel a certain gaze on me. My eyes find their way to Saint to see he's watching me. He's been doing that for the past weeks.

Ever since that dinner party I've done everything in my power to not be left alone with him, just being around him makes me want something that I can't explain. His blue eyes make my stomach flutter which has been happening quite a lot recently and I still don't understand it.

Tomas sees me coming and puts his phone away, I scan him realizing we kinda have the same outfit on. He's got a t-shirt with joggers and I have on a shirt with shorts both in all grey "Hey you," he smile to me.

"Good morning," I go in for a short hug "you got everything you need?" I ask pulling away and he nods turning to show me his backpack "Damn, and all that's not heavy?"

"Not for my wolf." He tells me running his hands through his hair, ever since he let it grow out he's done that non stop. I have to hand it to him, he's a pretty decent guy. Accept for his body count, that's a different story. But other then that he's not bad.

He actually reminds me of Kiza but Tomas is way clinger, sometimes it's annoying and other times I don't mind it. He plans on joining the army when he's twenty if he doesn't have a pack, when he told me I felt kinda bad but what can I do? I'm not an alpha.

I remember asking my father if you could ever adopt an omega and become their alpha, he said it's not impossible but a long process. I don't want to leave him alone, but me being an alpha? Is that something I really want?