Chapter 63

For the dinner, I put on a white ruffle check shirt and pair it with a grey skirt that stops just below mid thigh. I let my sisters braid a crown in my hair splitting half up and half down as I do my makeup. A simple look.

I do pair the look with some heels but don't put them on until we pull up in front of alpha Vincent's home. "I hope your wise with the words you chose at the table."

I nod. I'll try not to make it so obvious that I'll reject Malic later on, I just know that I'm ready to get all this over and done with. I've had enough suffering because of his unfaithful ass.

My father and I make it to their front step and he rings the bell before Malic's mother opens it for us. "Kendrick!" She takes my father into a hug. "It's always a pleasure to have you," she beams at him before turning to me. "Nadia!" She pulls me close. "You look stunning."

"Thank you," I smile at her.

"Come on! We're all ready for you us." She starts to lead us back into the first dining room where both Malic and his father are there. They seem so be matching, both with black button down shirts with black trousers.

"Kendrick," alpha Vincent acknowledges my father first taking him into a hug. "Thank you for coming."

"The pleasures all mine." He lets go.

"Nadia." He takes me into a short hug too as Malic greets my father.

"Alpha." For once I don't have to bow to him. My eyes find Malic's and we watch each other for a few second. "Malic."

"Nadia." He nods to me and that's as much as I'll give.

"Let's eat shall we." His mother says and we all start to move to the table. Im set next to my father and opposite Malic, instead of sticking my attention on him, I scan the many options of food we have.

We have some roasted green beans and potatoes going on as well as a plate of eye appealing chilli, we have some fried rice too and plates of sliced bread and some baguettes, plus some slice eggs next to a salad. This time around, I help the Luna serve doing my fathers plate at my own.

"How's baby Nathaniel doing?" Malic's father asks my own as I start to dig into the roasted beans and potatoes I served myself, I also added a little chilli and some bread slices.

"He's growing some more! I wish we could skip the whole crying stage, I haven't had a good sleep in a while," my father finished before putting a fork full of food in him mouth.

"Of course," Vincent laughs, "and Nadia, how are you?"

"Great." I try not to sound so sarcastic.

"You sure looks the part."

"Fake it till you make it," I meet his eyes, he lets out a light laugh before glance over at Malic then back at me.

"I hope you have your pack under control, you know, after the incident."

"They're being disciplined, they won't cause anymore trouble." I assure him even if it's not the full truth, truth is: I don't know what the hell Bailey and Tili and going to do next.

"It was wise of you to take the heat for them like that." He acknowledges.

"They're just kids."

"Did you key cars at their age?" Why the hell is he attacking me?! Either way I bite my tongue.

"No sir."

"Ah." Ah, I mock him in my head.

"But then again, I am the oldest, there for I don't have a sister who's mate cheated on her to do so, do I alpha?"