Chapter 12

I was wrapped in someones arms and from the crazy amount of tingles running through my body, making my wolf go mad, I knew it was Julian.

"Why did you stop me?" My voice cracked and I had to choke down more tears that we're threatening to spill over.

"Why would you do something like that? Why did you try to leave me?" I felt wetness roll down my cheeks and fall to my face. Feeling my face I knew I wasn't the one crying. I glanced up at Julian to see him crying.

My beautiful mate was crying. I was the reason for his tears, he did care. This had my wolf whimpering in my head. She didn't like making our mate sad.

Or maybe it was just the mate bond causing him pain and he didn't really care for me.

No one could.

"You don't care for me anymore. You never came home today. You left me alone." I didn't take my eyes off his face. I just continued to stare at him.

"Why wouldn't I care for you? You are my mate."

"For that, I am sorry. I never meant for you to be forced to care for me." I whispered this so quietly I didn't know if Julian had heard me but with how tense his body had gotten, I knew he had. His wolf was calling to mine, telling her to take control of my body.

"Do not tell me you regret being my mate. My wolf doesn't want to hear it or anything even remotely close to that and neither do I. Do not say those words - "

"I, Brie, rejec - " Julian growled so loud that I almost burst into tears again. My wolf was growling at me, saying I shouldn't reject our mate. He's the best thing that could ever happen to us.

"Brie. What did I tell you." Julian's body was shaking so much and I didn't know what to do. I had so many people in my head all at once. So many people angry at me. I was stuck. I didn't know anything anymore. I just wanted to be free. I never wanted all of this. I never wanted a mate.

I looked up with wide eyes and scanned the room hoping for someone to help me, to get me out of this horrible mess. My lip was trembling when I came to the realization that everyone that had previously entered the room with Julian was gone in fear of their Alphas anger. The door to my room was wide open and broken in parts that were now laying helplessly scattered on the floor. I saw a head pop up from the top of the stairs that were adjacent to me and Julian. Julian's back was facing the door and I was glad for that.

It was Cale, the one who popped his head up from the stairs. He was moving his lips trying to tell me something without getting Julian's attention. Knowing that if the Alpha heard him he would be dead I'm seconds. I wasn't the best at reading lips but Cale's words came through loud and clear.

Kiss him.

Oh no. I couldn't kiss him, it would make our bond stronger. I couldn't do that, but looking at Julian's shaking form I knew I had to. It was the only way to calm him down.

Mentally bracing myself, I turned in his lap so that I was straddling him.

"Julian? Julian will you please look at me?" His eyes were a terrifying midnight black and I shivered at the sight of them.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered before I slammed my lips to his.

One word to describe the feeling?

Fireworks.

Kissing Julian seemed to make the rest of the world melt away. Everything seemed perfect. Until I realized Julian was still tense and want responding to the kiss.

I pulled away from him and looked at his face.

He was shocked, nervous and guilty looking. Okay, shocked and nervous I could understand but guilty? Why did he seem guilty? What had he done?

I scanned his face with scrutinizing eyes and I saw him biting his lip. I lifted my nose and Julian stiffened once more. I took one whiff of the air and caught a scent I never expected to smell on my mate.

I knew that artificial, perfume encased, who're like scent anywhere. I'd only let her once but now I hated her even more that I previously had.

"I'm gonna kill her first, then you next." I growled at Julian, looking him dead in the eyes.

I stood up, my wolf changing my eyes to black to show my rage. Making my way to the stairs , I saw people crowded on them. One look at me and they had more fear in their eyes than they had with Julian.

"Brie?" I snapped my head to the voice and saw Matt.

I growled so loud the house shook causing the overhead chandeliers to swing. "She's dead."

With that, I stalked off in search of my prey.