Chapter 6

Get up. Get up. Get up. I repeated these two words over and over again. Trying to will my body to do them.

I tried to get up and away from my fallen spot. I could feel my ribs ache from the movement. I groaned. I hit that tree really hard.

Shaking the dirt off of myself, I ran. I ran hard and I ran fast. I couldn't get caught. I heard a growl from somewhere close and that just pushed me to run harder and faster.

I could feel hot tears streaming down my face. I hated this. I hated the feeling of being prey. I hated feeling weak. If I get caught they might make me go back and I can't go back. I need to be free. Free from everything.

I could tell that my attacker was getting close. Running in human form sucked, not that my human form was weak. I actually run very fast for a human. The fact was I couldn't outrun a wolf like this.

I tried shifting into my wolf form mid stride but all it did was cause me to completely lose my balance and go tumbling down a hill.

Of course.

I screamed from the crazy pain that was being caused to my body again. I groaned as I finally got the bottom of the hill and rolled over onto my back. The wolf was at the top staring down at me with concern in its eyes. Stupid mate.

My mate howled into the air. The sound causing me to shiver in delight. Shitty mate pull. While my mate was distracted I pulled myself off the ground, again, and quickly limped away. I refused to let him win.

I saw my chance when a low tree branch came into my view. I hid my scent and climbed the tree like my life depended on it, well actually it kinda did.

Hearing another growl come from my now extremely pissed mate made me press back into the tree trunk to the point of where the bark was biting at my skin. Even though he was farther away, it sounded like he was right here, because of my superior hearing.

My wolf whimpered in my head, I don't like him being mad at us. Please go to him.

NO. Never. I'll never go to him. I shot back at my wolf.

I could feel my mate trying to push into my mind but I kept a solid block that prevented him from doing so.

I heard footsteps, or rather paw steps, coming closer to where my mate was on the ground.

"Alpha." I heard a voice say, very formally.

"Clayton. You're my best tracker, find her." My mate curtly said.

"Yes Alpha." Clayton replied.

I could hear someone, who I presume to be Clayton, start moving around. I hold my breath if fear of him finding my position. It takes them a while to get the tree that I'm hiding in but they eventually find it.

I hear a grunting noise, "It's stops."

"It stops? What do you mean it stops?!" My mate yelled.

"Her scent trail stops here, it's just gone. I don't understand. I've never been able to lose someone's trail. No wolf can hide their scent." Clayton sounded so confused, I almost laughed.

"Well find her trail again." My mate said through clenched teeth.

"Yes Alpha." Clayton bowed his head in submission.

This tree branch isn't the most comfortable thing. I though to myself.

Then go down to our mate dumb human. My wolf growled at me.

Stupid wolf. I shifted a little on the branch I was sitting on causing a few leaves to fall towards the ground. Shit.

Clayton's head shot up and he looked straight at me.

"Oh no." I whispered.

"Oh yes," Clayton grinned, "Alpha I found her."

With that my mates head shot up, "I finally found you."