Chapter 14

From around me, all I could hear was nature. I heard small animals crawling around and making noise, I could hear a small babble or creek really close to where I was. It was quite peaceful, except for the pounding headache I seemed to have.

I didn't know where I was and I couldn't recall anything that happened the last couple of days. I open my eyes to see that I'm halfway laying in the small creek. Pulling myself out of the water, I look around and I have no idea where I am. I've never been to this part of the woods before? I remember running from my pack but nothing after that.

I stood up and looked around at the forest. Seeing the beauty of the nature around me calmed my racing heart. I'm not worried about how I can't see to remember what caused me to be in this area that I do not know. I remember always loving nature, especially when my mother was near me and with me.

My eyes started to tear up and water at the remembrance of my mother. I shook my head to try and clear my thoughts.

This is not the time to be thinking of her. I need to keep moving. I mentally chastised myself.

I shifted into my white wolf and began on my way. I could feel my wolf pulling me in a slightly different direction than the one I was heading in. I didn't see anything wrong with it, so I obliged with her wants. I wasn't aiming or trying to go anywhere specific so I'm sure that if I go the way my wolf wishes I won't get into too much trouble.

~~~~~

After running for a few hours, I decided to stop and get a drink. I sniffed the air to make sure I wasn't too close to a packs territory. I knew I could easily outrun or overpower any part of any pack that came near me, but I was starting to tire and I wasn't in the mood to fight.

I could detect a pack close by and from the powerful essence that radiated from the nearby territory, I could tell it was the Black Moon Pack. The name seemed to tug at something in the back of my mind, but it didn't pull free. I shrugged and left the matter alone.

Bending down to drink from a pond, I heard a growl come from my right. I snapped my head in the direction my eyes landing on a medium dusty brown wolf who shifted into a boy that was almost a man. He seemed too young to be running patrols for this powerful of a pack.

Dammit I wanted to avoid fighting. Why can't they just leave me alone?

I shifted from my wolf into my human form and stood tall.

"Why have you bothered me? I am on no ones land. This is free space." I let my power radiate from me.

"L-luna?" The boy stuttered with wide eyes.

"Luna? I am no ones Luna. I do not know you." My eyes and voice were threatening.

"B-but you are the Luna... You're this Packs Luna. You're our Luna. You're my Luna. Alpha Julian has been looking everywhere for you. I've already mind-linked him and he is on his way right now to come see you. I could tell by the way he sounded he's really excited to see you, he's been looking for you all this time an-"

"STOP. I DON'T KNOW YOU. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THIS PACK. I AM NOT THE LUNA. I AM NO ONES LUNA." I screamed at the boy and he backed up looking more terrified than before.

"B-but..."

"No! No 'buts'. I. Don't. Know. You," I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts but my restless wolf wouldn't shut up, "That's it... I'm leaving."

As I turned to leave, the boy made a whimper and ducked showing his submission to me. I thought this was strange, I thought all of this was strange. I didn't know this boy, yet he seemed so excited and shocked to find me and see me. I turned a little to study him, noticing how familiar he seemed to look. "Do you like it here?" I squinted my eyes at him, my facial features softening.

"Well.. I mean... Yeah I guess." He stuttered lowering his eyes to the ground.

"You guess? Does that mean there have been times where you haven't liked your pack? You can leave. I left mine, you can come with me. I haven't been caught and I can make sure you are never unhappy again." I turned completely and stepped towards the boy, making my stance seem sympathetic and comforting.

"Leave? I can't leave. Alpha will have my head. I can't leave with hi-"

A loud howl rattled the forest and made the boy stop mid sentence. I looked around confused as to why the howl made my wolf stir even more than she was before.

"Callum! Where is she?" A large man stepped from the woods and into the small clearing.

Two words.

Holy. Shit.