Chapter 9 - This is it.

Today is Friday, the best freaking day in the history of the world.

I'm ready to face anything! Is what I would've said if I didn't have to go to school today or go on the dreaded double date tonight. Kill me now.

"Good morning, good morning!" Mum sings as we come down the stairs, spinning and singing around the kitchen, I can feel Archer on my heels heading straight for the pancakes and chocolate. I just want the coffee.

"Mmmm, what's the special occasion?" Rein skips down the bottom two steps.

I take my seat pouring myself a huge cup of coffee while Archer piles his plate with pancakes and strawberry's.

"Well it's been a week since our new house guest has been here and I wanted to make you a special breakfast before school" Shooting a huge smile at Archer as he pours a mountainous amount of maple syrup on everything. Mum does a little twirl going back to singing out of tune with the song on the radio.

"Good morning family, how goes it?" Dad sings, waltzing down the steps.

Why is everybody so happy this morning, usually they are as tired as us and just want us out of the house? Something is going on.

Rein has the same idea that I have; "What's with all the pleasantry and pancakes, something going on and I have a feeling it has nothing to do with Archer" he stuffs his face with food, dripping syrup down his chin.

"Well since you asked, your father just got a promotion but that's not even the good part-"

"Hey!" dad sounds offended, picking her up in a huge hug, looks like we're not going to hear what's even better.

"The even better thing is that Neville got into Yale!" Neville yells as he runs down the stairs envelope in hand, waving it in all our faces. It even smells like his cologne, no doubt he hasn't put it down since he got it, and accidentally sprayed it with his cologne.

"That great!" I stand and give him a hug, I hold out my hand for the letter "Can I have a look?"

"No, it's mine!" he holds it close to his chest, possessive much?

"Great work bro. Just wondering, but when do you start?" Rein strokes his chin and a mischievous glint grows in his eyes.

"So eager to get rid of me, I see how it is" he fakes hurt as he pulls out a chair. I sit opposite him and snake my hand across the table, I almost snag the letter just before he notices. He puts the letter in his back pocket and sits on it. I sneer at him, and he pokes a tongue out.

"Why was I blessed with such mature children?" Mum asks as she takes a seat at the table.

"Nope I'm just curious... oh and... I want your room" Oh so that's what he's playing at, I see how it is, if he wants that room, I'm going to make it my personal mission to get Archer it so he can get out of mine.

"Well think if anybody's getting that room it should be Archer" I state.

Rein looks at me incredulously; "What, why, I thought you were on my side"

"There is no way he gets my room!" Neville puts his fist on the table shaking all the glasses.

"Well I want my own room back!" I shout at him "and it's not fair if Rein gets it because Archer shouldn't be made to share a room with me!"

"How bout I move into Nevs room and Archer can have mine..." Rein try's to calm things down; it just fires Neville up more making him go red in the face. He honestly has some sort of anger problem.