This night just went from bad to worse.

Chapter 18

*Archer*

Raffe is spending the night outside, all night. I just hope that she doesn't have any nightmares because if she does it'll probably sound like she's being killed knowing the amount of noise she makes. Even though I trust Neville and Rein to keep her safe, it’s not going to stop me from sleeping on the porch.

I have no idea why, I just have a really strange feeling, I even gave up my Xbox for this girl, what is going on with me? She hates me and I know that yet I'm doing all of this for her.

It's about 7 o'clock before I sneak out on to the porch, there are no sounds save for the crickets and the waves wrapping up everything with it.

I put the pillow and sleeping bag on the swing, and just as I lean back I fall asleep.

My dream is filled with strange birds screaming and superheroes, putting out fires on grass and other very stupid and strange things, things that just amplify my bad feeling from earlier.

I slept just fine until about 4am. That's when the screaming started.

I was jolted out of my dreams to the sound of her screams, a blood curdling, high pitched scream, all the dogs in the houses along the beach start to bark and birds squark along with them making one hell of a racket.

I jump straight off the swing, and faceplant getting caught in the sleeping bag, I manage to get it off by the time her screams make a second round, I throw all of my sanity and brains out of the window as I start bolting down the freezing sand, her screams get louder as I get closer.

As I approach I see her, standing up just outside her tent in her pjs, holding her hands in front of her face screaming, with tears streaming down her cheeks, her face is illuminated by the almost burnt out fire, giving her skin a pale glow.

She looks at her hands like there is something horrifying on them, something that I can't see. I come to a stop a couple of feet away from her and she whimpers “What has he done?”

I slowly approach her she doesn’t seem to notice my presence until I'm right beside her.

"Raffe, are you alright?" I whisper and place my hand on her shoulder

She lets out a sniffle, as she buries her head into my shirt.

"See, look what he did to him, why would he do that to him?" She wails pointing to the ground out in front of where she was just standing.

"I don't see anything, I think you're dreaming Raffe and you need to wake up" I run my hand down her back through her hair, trying to sooth her.

"Im not dreaming, I swear, I'm fine, you're dreaming!" she leans back and glares at me, then she starts to hit me in the chest.

"Raffe!" I hear Rein scream, and Neville shouting at the same time, I can hear them running down the track. Raffe hides in my shirt once again, moaning about what some guy did.

Rein comes to a stop in front of me, his eyes only on Raffe.

"Raffe, are you alright?" he slowly approaches her, placing a hand on her arm but she throws it off.

"mmmffine" she moans into my shirt.

"What happened man?" He asks me as he takes off his jumper and places it over Raffe’s bony shoulders. I never noticed how skinny she was until now; I really should get her to eat something.