CHAPTER FOUR

(FLASHBACK)

"Do you think we can be good parents?"

"Hah! Ask first, whether WE ARE ALLOWED TO BE  A PARENT." I answered loudly after hearing Marge's absurd question.

"Do you think I don't know that. But... don't you want to see ourselves trying our best to raise a child, it may not be our own, but I know for sure that we'll love her like our own."

"It's too early to think about that Marge. Let's just finished serving this, okay." I said, getting the soup she poured for the kids. It was an outreach program for the school, and Marge, being her usual self, volunteered for the event, and of course, included me without consulting.

"Fine, go then! But I want a daughter, so we can shop together, play together, have a silly fashion show..."

I laughed hearing what she imagined. But honestly, in my mind I can see it too. And of course, I wanted it too, especially because she will be there when it happens...

(PRESENT TIME)

"Hey Dee, the elevator is here." Alex called out, stopping me on my reverie.

"Oh, okay." I said.

"Why are you looking intently in that poster?" she asked after we stepped in the elevator. "Wait, are you thinking of not going? You can't do that. It's a big event for our company. This is to show that even though we are making profits, we are still giving back and committed to helping and supporting the community."

I sigh hearing the lengthy speech. "Alex, spare me the lecture okay. I did not say anything about not going. Of course, I'll be there. Raine's expecting us to be there since it's our first company outreach program.".

"Good, I just thought the opposite since you were looking in the poster. Anyway, Pat is looking for you. She said about another meeting with the IT vendor for our planned system acquisition."

"Yeah, yeah... I remember. Thank you".

"Okay then, see you later Dee." Alex bid goodbye as the elevator stopped on her floor. I waved, as the door shut closed.