CHAPTER FOURTEEN

“Wait, Marge… where are you going? Marge… Don’t leave me… Please…!!!!” I screamed, as I woke up sweating from a terrible dream. 

“That can’t be right. They were okay, Marge stayed last night. They kissed, they even made love. Everything was supposed to be okay.” She thought. But as she turns to her surrounding, there’s no indication that Marge was there. She’s alone in the bed. She immediately checked the bathroom, but it was empty. She hurriedly went downstairs, going to the living room, in the kitchen, but there’s no sign of the woman she loves. She went outside to get her car but…

“Shit, my car is still not here.” I realized, remembering that my car was still in the supermarket. “Where’s my damn phone.” I yelled, feeling panic. I finally found my phone and called Raine.

“Hello, Dee?”

“Raine…” I said, trying not to cry.

“Are you alright? What’s wrong? Are you feeling okay?”

“Raine, she’s gone. I can’t find her… I can’t find Marge… She left me… she left me again Raine…”

“Hold on, Dee… try to calm down… are you sure, have you check everywhere?”

“I... I already… che….” Before I can continue explaining, someone snatched my phone in my hands.

“Hi Raine, it’s me Marge… good morning… yeah, everything is okay. Don’t you worry. I’m sorry for troubling you again this early morning ... Yeah, your stupid friend just assumed again.” Marge explained, looking at me in disbelief. “Yes, don’t mind us. Everything is okay, don’t worry. Yeah, you too... take care. Thank you again.” Marge said as she hanged up the phone.

“What the hell is wrong with you. Don’t trouble your friends early in the morning.” Margie scold at me. But I didn’t care, I hugged her. I was just so happy to see her. To know that she did not left me again.

“Don’t… don’t do this again Marge…” I whispered, not letting her go.

“Do what? what are you talking about? I just went outside to buy us some breakfast. I’ve checked your fridge and kitchen, but you don’t have any supplies at all…Do you even live here?” Marge mocked.

“Don’t scare me again like that. Please Marge, I felt like 50 years of my like was taken away…” I begged at her, still holding her tight.

“Don’t be stupid. I’m here…” Marge softly whispered, hugging me back.

“I’m serious Marge, please… I’m begging you, don’t leave me again… Promise me, please… promise me that you’ll stay… promise me that you will never ever leave me… Promise me that you’ll tell me where you are going… promise me that you will love me, that you will stay by my side, forever… promise me Marge…” I said, releasing her but looking at eyes intently.

Marge held my face and I lean in, feeling the warmth of her hand.  “Dee, that’s a lot of promises…” she whispered.

“Exactly, it’s your turn now, I did all what I promised to you, I have a stable job, I have house… with a garden, I have the washing machine… everything you asked Marge…” I reminded her.

She just smiled. “Okay then... sssshhhh… Don’t cry anymore, it doesn’t suit you.” Marge joked as she wipes the tears in my eyes. “I PROMISE, okay. I PROMISE, I will stay by your side and I will never ever leave you again. I PROMISE… I love you Dee.” 

“I love you too.” 

THE END.