Chapter 21

"Tag!" Grace squealed while poking Blake who laughed and ran after her with peels of laughter ringing out around them. His sights seemed to turn from her to beast boy who made enthusiastic movements to get away from his cousin but was tagged easily. I soft smile slipped over my lips as I watched over them fondly. Warm arms wrapped around me from behind making me full out grin.

"Hi," I heard Dick mumble in my ear kissing my neck.

"Hi," I said softly placing my hands over his before giving them a light squeeze.

Grace and Blake's 4 birthday was today and they both wanted it here at the cave. They were growing up just like I was, surrounded by superheroes. I wouldn't have changed it for the world for myself so why stop them from it. The party was just about to start as heroes trickled in slowly from the zeta beam. The showing was great today making me feel warm inside because I knew all of these people loved my children.

"Grandpa!" I heard the kids squeal in joy shooting off to the zeta beam where Bruce had just entered dressed in his civvys. Leaning down he caught them both as they jumped getting each of them on a hip making me grin as I watch them animatedly tell him about what they had done today.

"And then daddy got us grappling hocks but he said not to tell mommy!" Blake said with a whisper but my hearing picked it up. I snapped away from Dick quickly glaring.

"You got them grappling hocks!" I said while crossing my arms.

"Babe I'm sorry I know their young but I thoug-"

"What am I supposed to do with the ones I got them," I groaned out with a whine.

"Wait I thought you wouldn't want them to have them that young,"

"Are you kidding when I was 4 Bruce had given me my first taser and can of knock out gas, he also got me a guard dog," I added at the end. "I named him princess, he was awesome,"

"He?"

"I was 5," I said with a shrug before stepping back into his embrace.

"Grandpa can we eat cake!" Grace said while swinging her legs in Bruce's arms.

"Of course you can," he said kissing her forehead with a smile as he walked to the kitchen.

"He spoils our children to much," Dick said with a laugh while we leisurely walked to the kitchen. Stepping in we saw the whole team gathered round along with the original 7 and some of the league.

"Mommy light the candles! Light the candles!" Blake squealed while jumping off of Bruce's lap to run to me and grab my hand and Dicks.

"Ok, ok," I said with a laugh while I was thrown a lighter. The lights were dimmed as I lit all the candles on their cake that was batman themed which I knew would secretly make Bruce happy.

We all sang happy birthday to them and it was as off key as ever but the grins on their little faces made me want to cry. Everyone was so happy, what more could ask for.

Bruce cut them both a large piece as Blake settled himself back on his lap with Grace.

"Mommy why are you crying," My very intuitive daughter said with a little pout.

"I'm just really happy Gracey," I said wiped away the tear that I didn't know had fallen. Dick kissed my cheek before pulling me closer to his side. "Just really happy,"

"Me too," Dick said while placing another kiss to my forehead. "I love you,"

"I love you too," I said back just as soft. I watch on as Bruce took care of his grandkids looking happier then I've ever seen him making my heart swell with love. Presents were placed in front of them to which they swiftly ripped all of the paper off of them and squealed about what they got. We had to remind them of their manners a few times but they were perfect other wise. They finished all of the unwrapping in about 20 minutes and were now on the floor playing with all of their new toys.

"I got them one more thing," Bruce said with a secretive looking smile. "I'll be right back,"

"Well if you add all of this and what we got them they basically have everything in the world so I have no clue what he would even get them," Dick said while we watched Bruce walk back in with a large box.

"I know what it is," I said with a little groan and just like that two little brown heads popped out of the box with a different colored bow on each of them.

"Puppy's!" The twins screamed running at the box that Bruce placed on the ground. Reaching in Bruce lifted both of them out and placed them on the floor. The kids bolted at one and claimed it was their.

"Grace, Blake what do you say to Grandpa?" Dick said with a raised eyebrow.

"Thank you!" They sang before launching on to him with open arms. "We love it!" They said in sync before going to their separate puppy's.

"What are you naming them kids," Berry asked as he finished his 3rd piece of cake. "Reminds me of when he got you, your dog Charlie,"

"Mines name is going to be...tweety!" Blake said with a nod. "Like mommy!" Ah my little mommas boy I walked over and patted his dog noticing it was a boy I grinned.

"I like it," I said giving him a high five.

"Well then I'm going to name mine Nightwing," Grace said looking at Dick with her baby blues. I watched as he melted under her stare.

"What ever you want baby girl," Standing I brushed off my legs before walking over to my dad.

"Thanks, they love them," reaching out he opened his arms to which I stepped into as he hugged me.

"Well they are my grandkids I like to spoil them, just like I spoiled you," he said teasingly.

"Hey I turned out pretty good too," I said sassily making him let out a laugh. "But I did have an amazing dad so it was a team effort I guess," I said giving him one last squeeze before releasing him.

"Love you kid,"

"Love you too dad,"

________________________________________________________________

Hope yall liked it! Most of you know I'm pretty focused on my prequel right now so I know my updates have been a bit slow sorry about that!

-comment-

-vote-

-Charlierose-