Chapter 18

Hey guys the prequel is out so go check it out after you read and vote for this chapter!!!:):):):)

"He's going to say mommy first," I said clutching Blake to me as he played with my blonde curls.

"Ya well Grace here is going to say daddy, aren't you princess," Dick cooed to our daughter who gave him a little giggle.

"I think your both wrong, their going to say grandpa first," Bruce said from the recliner he was propped in at the manor. "We have been practicing haven't we kids," he said proudly looking at the twins.

Bruce spent as much time as he could with the two children. He was wrapped around their 6 month old fingers.

Yes 6 months! They are growing so fast and the race was on for teaching them their first words.

Today was not only special because it was their half birthday but my first day of going back to working. Yes I had patrolled here and their but nothing big or important. I was excited but I felt slightly different. There was more responsibility, I always had the excitement to do these missions but now I felt the anxiety about not seeing my kids if something were to go wrong.

"So are you happy to be going back?" Dad said suddenly, he could be telepathic I swear.

"I am, it's just-I I don't want something to go wrong, there is so much more at steak now. It's not only my life now but theirs. I can't just leave them without a mother, they don't need to feel alone like we always did," I said shaking my head while running a hand through my tousled mane. It was an untamable and unruly beast. "I mean I miss the missions and the adrenaline of the fight but I love this so much more," I said gesturing to all of us sitting around holding the baby's.

"I remember my first time patrolling after I adopted you. It was one of the hardest things I had to do because I was scared that if something were to go wrong you would be alone. I think that's what got me through so many bad situations," Bruce stated as he took Blake from me holding him with I smile. Looking at Dick I gave him a face and he begrudgingly gave me Grace who I kissed on the head and snuggled with on the couch.

"What do you mean,"

"It drove me to be more cautious, to be better. It also made me have more of a drive to beat them," he looked to be thinking for the right words to say. "I'll give you two some advice that I wish I had. Family always comes first no matter what," taking his words I stored them in the back of my head so I would never forget them. I knew how important family was to all of us in this room due to the mass amount of orphans here.

A couple hours later I was suited up ready for my first mission back. Nothing crazy just a quick grab and go. All we neaded was to get a USB plugged into their hard drive so that Dick and Tim could hack it while they were at the cave. The place wasn't to heavily guarded and all they had were plans for a new drug but hopefully if this went right we would be able to crash and erase their system.

I was going by myself into the building but Megan and Conner were in the bio ship if back up was needed.

Slipping into the building was easy. Being out for almost a year didn't make me lose my touch if anything being a mother now made my senses even stronger. The security cameras were already hacked and put on a loop thanks to my lovely husband.

Finding the room was easy, getting the USB in to the computer would be the hard part. The room had 7 workers in there all seeming to be armed.

I was about to barge in when I remembered Bruce's advice. Guess I could start using the knock out gas that the boys gave me. Taking it out of my utility belt I opened the door a crack before lobbing in the pellets that exploded on contact blasting the room with the smoke that sent all 7 of the workers into a deep sleep. Stepping in when enough of the gas cleared I walked to the computer. Plugging in the USB I turned my com link on.

"Tweety to cave, I'm in and the drive is plugged in."

"Good job, I just need one more second to do this," I heard Dick say from the other end. "And...done! Get the drive and get out of there,"

"Eyey caption," I said sarcastically before opening the window of the room. Mind linking Megan that I was finished I saw her open the hatch for the bio ship. Grappling in I was pulled through the opening. Landing on the floor with a smile I pocketed my grappler.

"So how'd it go,"

"It was boring," I said with a pout. "Didn't even get to punch any body in the face," they both smiled at me and shock their heads.

"Well it's your first day back so I think an easy mission was what was best for you,"

"Ya but I can still complain about it," I said sassily.

Stepping off the ship I ran in to see Dick playing with the kids on the floor. Gar had Grace in between him and Tim as they played with her dolls. Dick was on his back while air planing Blake around making plane noises.

"So this is what you do instead of hacking?"

"Already finished," Tim said not taking his eyes off Grace who was currently pulling the head off of her Barbie.

The now decapitated Barbie was thrown on the floor aggressively with a small victory cry from the 6 month old.

"That's my girl," I said lifting her on to my hip. "She takes after mommy like that, don't you," I cooed making her giggle.

"Ma-ma" she said in a very off English version of mommy. I froze when she said it. "Ma-ma" she said again placing her small hands on my cheek.

"She said mommy," I whispered my eyes lighting with excitement. "Her first word!" Dick was now siting up a large smile on his face even though she said my name first he was still happy.

"Da-da," Blake said turning his baby blues to his father. Dicks eyes lit up so quickly as he lifted his son again.

"He said da da! He said my name, there geniuses!" He declared as he swooped me and Grace up in his free arm successfully lifting my feet a few inches off the ground.

A click of a camera brought us out of our happy family moment. Looking up we saw robin inspecting the picture on his phone.

"yep this ones going on the Christmas cards," Tim said with a grin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prequel is out so please go check it out!!!

goal that will get you a free chapter!

*30 votes*

*13 comment*

-comment-

-vote-

-charlierose