Chapter 27

I felt my eyes slowly open as I looked around, my head hurt but I ignored the pain as I turned my head to look at my wife. Her head was now leaning my way with a large bloody gash on the side of her face that was already healing. Turning I check the kids who both were awake holding each other's hands tightly looking at me terrified.

"You guys ok?" I said taking one of my hands to run over each of their faces. They nodded quickly before their eyes fell on their mother who was out cold.

"Mommy?" Blake whispered worriedly as I checked her over. Smoke seemed to start billowing from the car getting inside of the cab quickly.

"Kids out of the car now!" I yelled as I unbuckled Charlie lifting her from her seat swiftly. I made sure the twins were out before running across the street, Blake and Grace right behind me. The driver of the other car was unconscious lying against his window, blood dripping down his face. I had half a mind to leave him there but swiftly laid Charlie on the ground far away from the crash with the kids on both sides of her. They looked her over holding her hands worriedly as I ran. Reaching the car I opened the door swiftly while dragging the large man out of his seat. Placing my hands under his arms I pulled him swiftly away from the smoking cars. I was a few feet from the kids when a large bang went off before both cars were up in flames.

A small groan from the man signaled to me that he was waking up. Dropping him on to the ground I jogged over to Charlie's side lifting her head softly waiting for her to regain conscious.

"Blake, Grace listen for the baby's heart," I said softly my eyes not leaving her face.

"It's to loud I can't focus," Blake said panicked next to me. "I-I can't hear it, dad is mom ok. She should be awake by now,"

"Calm down Blake, I know your scared right now but your moms ok," I tried to reassure but was starting to worry more that she was still unconscious. Putting my ear to her chest I heard her steady heart beat wishing right now I had the power of super hearing to check on my unborn child.

Grace stayed silent till I heard a soft sign of relief come from her making Blake and I look at her.

"I can hear the baby," she said relieved as a groan from the ground caught my attention.

"Ah my head," Charlie groaned from the ground till her eyes snapped open blazing red. "The kids!"

"Mom were fine, so is Lil G," Grace stated while crawling a little closer to her mother who was now sitting up. Blake was sitting in her lap quickly clutching his mother. Always a little mama's boy.

"Good job Gracey," she praised running a hand over her cheek before her eyes landed on me.

"You ok?" She said reaching her free hand out to me.

"I will be once we get you to a hospital and check on the baby," kissing her palm I held it in between my two hands. Ambulance sirens could be heard down the road along with the engine of a very expensive sports car.

"Damn he's quick," I muttered wondering how Bruce already knew about the crash and was already on the way. I saw him sprinting towards us pass the crowd of people that had started to fill the streets.

"Dick!" He shouted once he saw me sprinting over to look at Charlie who was slowly trying to sit up. The twins stood together holding hands using each other for support as they looked at their mother.

"What happened?" He said quickly whiles crouching next to her holding one of her cheeks as he looked her over.

"Daddy I'm ok," she said softly. "And as for the baby I can hear their heart," her hands rested on her stomach as she closed her eyes.

"Either way we are taking you all to the cave for medical treatment," not wanting to fight with him she complied making me sigh. "Come we need to get you out of here before they try to put you in the ambulance,"

I swiftly lifted Charlie off the ground and hustled her to the car as Bruce held on to the kids whiles furiously talking on the phone to what sounded like Alfred who would surely be at the cave ready to patch everyone up.

We managed to sneak away seeing as the paramedics were assisting the unconscious driver of the other car.

Once at the cave, Alfred rushed Charlie to an ultra sound that Bruce had bought while on a major baby shopping kick. He was the only person other than Charlie who bought such large amounts of baby clothes and other things that normal people would call unnecessary.

As usual they chose to be extra as fuck.

An hour later the kids were upstairs eating ice cream with Alfred while Charlie and I hung down in the cave with Bruce.

"The baby seems to be fine but it seems that there are more then one in there,"

"Wait you can't be serious," Charlie said glaring at her father.

"Are you serious?" I said slowly waiting for him to say we were just punked but his face stayed serious.

"No, you are indeed having another set of twins," a large smile broke out on his face, "More grandkids for me to love!"

"Oh my god," I heard Charlie voice exactly what I was thinking. Turning I held her cheek as I watched her smile grow larger. "We're never gonna sleep again are we?" she said laughing.

"Nope," leaning forward I kissed her softly. "I can live with that though,"

_____________________

heyyy

comment

vote

charlierose