"fuck." jaden sighs as he throws his head back against the back seat of the car,
"this shit hits different."

"it's literally a different strand of weed bro." nick bean chuckles with two hands gripped onto the steering while desperately trying to drive sober

the boys were on a road trip. they've been gone for about a week. they went to texas, and they all piled into an air bnb. they had such a good time, making tiktoks, taking pictures, partaking in illegal activities and getting good content for youtube channels.  they were currently on their way back to the air bnb after a long night of partying at a club.

for some reason jaden had brought illegal substances with him to the club, in a little baggy that was very familiar to briar. though jaden was ashamed he had a small white substance on him, he was relieved briar didn't know. he knew that she would be super pissed. so he was thankful none of his friends told her either, after all, each one of them had a small line over the week.

"nick pull over and let me drive." bryce jolts awake from a nap as nick slams on the break, avoiding rear ending a nice white bmw in front of the van

"nah bryce i'm fine." nick rolls his eyes

"nick deadass." bryce glares at him, "i'm being serious. there's a checkpoint ahead of us."

jaden gulps. a checkpoint?! there's no way these boys could pass a police check point without being sus. they were drunk and high out of their minds. what if they went to jail? what if briar was mad?
oh my god.

"there's no turning back now." nick snorts as he slows down passing the officer

without a doubt the officer flags nick to stop. josh begins to panic trying to hide the bag of weed that was chilling on the floor. the officer taps on nicks window for him to roll it down. nick laughs and clicks the button, and the tall, bulky officer is met with the strong smell of weed.

"jesus." the officer mumbles,
"can i have you all pull over here?" he asks

"why?" nick scoffs

"because i asked you to." the officer try's to comply

"nick just do it." bryce hits his shoulder

"whatever." nick rolls his eyes once again and pulls into the dirt where the officer asks to search the car

"can you all step out of the car?" the officer asks politely

bryce nods and opens the passenger door, the opening the sliding door for the three boys in the back, jaden, who was currently high and coked up, josh who was intoxicated and blake, who had drank nothing but white claws the entire night.

jaden unbuckled his seat belt and used his hands to push himself out of the car, he immediately falls onto the dirts and his dry lips are covered in sand.
he was incredibly high and he didn't know how to function. the officer comes over the side of the car to see jaden and looks up at bryce.

"are you going to help him up?" the officer questions and bryce nods quickly

"yeah yeah." bryce swallows