today is the day. today is senior prom. briars been looking forward to this moment throughout her entire highschool career. she couldn't wait to go to her senior prom.

this morning briar woke up, around 9:30, jaden was already awake and packing to get on a flight to new jersey. briar decided to hit the gym before she got ready for prom. so she drove to the gym, lifted some weights, did some abs and cardio and squats. once she got home she took a shower. she shaved her legs and washed her entire body, from head to toe. she washed her hair and put conditioner in it too. when she dried off, she looked at the time and realized she was almost late for her zia, gabriella, to do her hair and makeup. she quickly threw on a pair of jadens sweats and a flannel so it would be easy to take her shirt off without messing anything up. on the way over to gabriellas apartment in newark, she facetimed jaden, but no answer, which she thought was weird, but nothing out of the ordinary, he was probably sleeping or working out.

gabriella is a makeup artist who works on broadway and does some sfx makeup for small films around new jersey and new york. gabriella is close in age with briar, so it's almost like she's a cousin rather than an aunt. gabriella has a boyfriend named rocco, who goes to colombia and is studying to become a surgeon, which is very well paying. together, rocco and gabriella have two dogs named rex and lou, they're basset hounds.

"bri!" gabriella opens her apartment door for her young niece

"gabs!" briar hugs her zia, "it's been forever."
she says

"you've been across the country for almost a year." she jokes, "we've missed you." she smiles,
"come in come in."

gabriella shuts the door behind her and lou and rex come rushing to briar wagging their tails and licking her face, "awwwwww." briar coos bending down to their level, "i missed you both." she kisses the top of their heads

briar takes a seat in gabriellas chair and she grabs plastic tubs full of makeup and sets them on the floor beside of her, "do you need anything?" she asks

briar shakes her head, "nope i'm good." she smiles, "i'm sorry i'm a little late." she says,
"i was still in the shower." she chuckles

"don't worry." gabriella reassures her,
"it's no problem." she takes a sip of her dunkin coffee, which reminded her of charli, oh how she missed her friends already, "let me see that dress if yours, your mother has been texting me about it since she bought it."

briar giggles and unlocks her phone, "who's that?" gabriella asks pointing at her lock screen

"that's jaden." briar answers

"THE jaden." gabriella raises an eyebrow

"yes gabs." briar sits back, "the jaden."

"well he's pretty cute." she says

"i know right." briar pulls up the picture of her dress, "that's it."

"oh amour." gabriella covers her mouth,
"it's stunning." she tucks her hair behind her ear,
"it looks beautiful on you."

"thank you." briar blushes

"i think i'll do a dark eye look and maybe a dark lip." she says examining briars face, "and probably a curled hair look." she says, "how does that sound?"