Three

I just want to say a thank you for everyone who has taken the time to read this story. I've been on Wattpad for awhile now, without much sucess, I know very well that you all didn't have to read it, let alone vote for it! This may seem premature, as I only got four votes and a little over a hundred reads, but this story isn't even two weeks old now. I've never gotten so much attention so quickly, previous stroies would sit for months until getting a hundred reads. So thank you all, so much.

Usually I update on Tuesdays, but since I've been getting so much attention, and because I appreciate you all so much I'm updating twice this week.

Enjoy! Shy.B

Chapter Three

Her head swam as she attempted to open her eyes. With a groan she tried to roll over only to quickly regret it, feeling the sharp bite of rocks poking into her back. Fighting the nausea Natalia propped herself up on her elbow and opened her eyes wondering if Micah had thought putting rocks in her bed was funny. Her brow scrunched in confusion as she found that she was in a bed of furs made on top of a rock floor.

Hearing a soft whine, she looked up, blinking her eyes repeatedly as they adjusting to the light streaming in from the mouth of the cave she appeared to be in. She stared at the shaggy brown wolf who crouched down in front her, putting his face inches from her own. It's scent filled her nose, spreading a warmth throughout her body and a sense of security, "Mate," her mind whispered.

"Adam," she said finally, remembering the events from the previous night.

He let out another soft whine, softly caressing the side of her face with his own. The brief contact sent a shiver down her spine as she found herself involuntarily sighing with content. Without thinking much about what she was doing her hand reached out, cupping the side of his face. "Mine," she purred.

Adam thrusted his furry head further into her hand, looking up at her with shockingly gray eyes. Then he was gone, he jumped around with such alarming speed Natalia jumped back, hitting her wounded shoulder with force against the cave wall. She let out a soft whimper, causing Adam's ear to twitch back to her, but her remained planted firmly in front of her. He pulled his lips back in a frightening growl as Natalia heard the crunch of feet breaking twigs enter the cave.

"Easy now, Adam," her father's deep baritone echoed throughout the cave.

Natalia peeked around the mass of her mate, "Daddy?"

He was slowly approaching the back of the cave where she laid, Alpha Leo at his side, she could barely see the top of Dr. Maggie's grey head, as she stood behind them, overshadowed by her tall higher ups. "Hey sweetheart," her father smiled briefly. "How are you feeling? Micah told me you were badly wounded?"

She turned her head, picking at the bloodied torn part of what used to be her favorite shirt. Already the wounds were bleeding significantly less, and scabbing over. In the thinner parts of her wound the scabs were peeling off, showing pink, new skin underneath. "Yeah, I'm healing up fine. It doesn't seem a though anything important was torn."

Ben sighed, "Good."

"Natalia? We brought Dr. Maggie with us to look at your wound to double check that everything is in order. We just want to be thorough and make sure you're really alright," Alpha Leo told her.

She reined in the urge to roll her eyes. Dr. Maggie and she were old friends, for she was often dragged over for a visit for any little bump, bruise, or cut she happened to get. Everybody in the pack, save Dr. Maggie, extremely underestimated her durability. "Hey Dr. Mags," she greeted her.

"Hey baby girl," she responded, standing up on her tiptoes for a minute to throw Natalia a smile.

Adam suddenly snapped at them, making the small group jump back. He growled warningly at them, as he paced in front of his mate.