Nineteen

It's short, but it's something. I have a couple of midterms to study for and papers to write so I won't have much time to write this coming week, but I thought it would be unfair to leave you all on a cliffie.
Thank you to all those who have commented and voted, you know who you are, and you're awesome.
It's not edited yet, wrote it on my cell so please forgive mistakes I will fix them first thing tomorrow morning.
Enjoy,
Shy. B

Natalia pulled up to the driveway, hitting the brakes with a screech, she put the car in park and flung open the door. "HELP, I need help, NOW!"

She ran up the stairs to the main pack house, slamming her fist on the hardwood of the front door repeatedly "Please! HELP!"

It was the dead of night, perhaps a bit after midnight. Natalia sped the whole way to the main pack land, she had to get there before Micah woke up, she had no clue what he would do once he woke. She hoped he would be far more lucid when he woke, but she knew that was unlikely. Her hand was beginning to smart when finally the front door was yanked open. Looking up Natalia's eyes met those of Alpha Leo's. He looked at her quizzically for a second before pushing her behind him, scanning for the threat. He knew there was no way Natalia would make a surprise visit in sweats, barefoot and hair slipping out of a lopsided bun.

"Alpha, it's Micah," she told him, pulling at his shirt.

Turning around to face her once again, "What happened?" He demanded.

"H-he showed up at my dorm, I could tell he had ran in wolf form, thank Goddess he had enough thought to shift back into his human form and snag some pants, but that's all he was wearing. He was talking crazy, saying his mate had passed by, he wanted me to help him find her. He was talking too loud, I dragged him outside, and he took off-he smelled her again. I followed him, I couldn't leave him be, not with how he was acting. I chased him to the edge of the territory-"

"Did he cross over?!" Alpha Leo demanded, fist clenched.

"No, no, no!" Natalia shook her head vehemently. "I was worried he would, but he didn't. He started crying. I-I had to get him back, but I knew he would resist. I can't beat him in a fight, so I knocked him out. I hit him across the head with a rock and dragged him to a road. I stole a car," she waved to the vehicle parked behind her. "I drove us here."

Alpha Leo frowned, he walked down the steps quickly, peering at Micah, who was still unconscious in the back seat. "I've sent for a medic to examine him, and your father," the Alpha said. "You did well. Go home, get some sleep, I'll have someone get rid of the car. Are there any witnesses?"

Natalia nodded, "I stopped the man driving the car and knocked him out. I left him at the side of the road." Natalia cringed as she fought the guilt that made her stomach churn.

"I'll take care of it," Alpha Leo placed a hand on her shoulder, "Now go home and get some sleep. You look half dead. I told your mother to expect you, you'll make her worry if you don't hurry over."

"Yes sir," Natalia nodded.

She didn't even step onto the lawn yet before her mom had the front door thrown open and was racing down the steps. Natalia sighed as her mother's arms wrapped around her.

"I'm so glad you're okay," her mother, Kelsey, whispered. Leaning back she inspected her daughter, "You're not hurt, are you?"

Natalia shook her head, "Micah is though, I had to knock him out in order to bring him home safely."

"I know. I'm so sorry sweetie, things have been so hectic around here lately, I hope school isn't suffering because of it."

"It's fine, Mom. Family is way more important than school."