Chapter 2 (Beginning)

Hey guys (the one person who follows this story. Thank you by the way =) ) Anyways, things are about to get a lot more interesting from this point onward, so I hope you enjoy what i have planned.  Keep reading, and spread the word!

Chapter 2: Penny Lane

          As the plane touched down, the force of impact jolted me awake, startling me out of my sleep.  My plane had left at seven at night, putting it at six in the morning English time, one in the morning my time.  “At least I slept a little bit,” I thought, shifting in my seat to get a better look out the window. 

         All I could see was a heavy mist covering what looked like a deep green airfield, as it was still early in the morning.  I got up as soon as we were cleared to, my legs in need of stretching.  I grabbed my bag filled with books, my small camera, records, a notebook, and an extra sweater from under my seat and moved out into the aisle to exit the plane.

VVV

Chapter 2 To Be Continued...

Once I had reached the main airport, I started to look for my aunt Anne.  I hadn’t been on English soil for more than a few seconds when I felt my arm being pulled, and soon my whole body followed it.  I looked around in surprise, then realized it was my aunt, who had grabbed my arm to pull me over while on a payphone. 

She quickly mouthed, “Sorry,” apologetically at me, then continued to talk to whoever was on the other end of the phone. 

“Yes Mary I-yes I am holding onto her arm.  Why would I lie? Here hold on a hot second.” She pushed the receiver into my hands and said exasperatedly, “Try and talk some sense into your mother.”

I held the receiver next to my ear and said slowly and in an unsure voice, “Hello?"

“AHHH!” my mother screamed, causing my ears to ring and for me to yank the  phone away from my ear.  I waited a moment, then returned it in time to hear my mother say, “-my God, okay, you made it over alright.  Oh God you’re okay, oh thank God!”

Looking skyward while she continued with this string of thank you’s,  I waited until I could fit a word in edgewise.  When then moment came, I jumped for it.

“Hey, Ma, listen I’m fine.  It’s alright, I just met up with Auntie Anne, the flight was fine, and everything’s good.  Okay?”

“Sorry Elizabeth,” she said, speaking normally as if she had not just lost her composure.  “I know you would be fine.  Have a nice time, call every once in a while, and-” suddenly her voice lowered.  “Oh I just remembered. I forgot to warn you about this before you left.  I want you to listen to me very closely, alright?”

“Okay?” I said, unsure and curious about what she would need to tell me.

“There’s this boy living next door to Anne,” she informed me in a cautionary and disdainful tone.  “He lives with his aunt, he’s about sixteen, he’s-”

“Ma, what about him?” I asked, wanting to get to the point.

“Just don’t get involved with him,” she rushed.  “Anne tells me all these stories about him.  She thinks he’s funny but I don’t like the sound of him.  He sounds like a bad influence.  So stay away from him, alright?”

“Alright.  What’s his name?” I asked.

“Oh, what is it?” she pondered.  Then she remembered: “Oh yes!  It’s something Lennon.  Anne tells me the adults in the neighborhood tell all their kids to stay away from him, and I want you to do the same.  I don’t want you near him, you hear me?”