Chapter Four: Desire

--Malfoy's POV--

"Quick, get behind the painting!" I whispered frantically to Harry.

He looked at me in alarm. "What painting?"

"The one I am wishing for right now!" Sure enough, just as I finished asking the room for a large painting, I got one (of Salazar Slytherin, much to Harry's displeasure).

We jumped out of our bed and vanished it with a thought, along with all the other entertaining objects we had wished for. The door opened right as we scooted behind the painting. It was Headmaster Dumbledore, along with Professor McGonagall and Snape. They were levitating a gigantic mirror that I would later realize had words in a different language written on it. 

Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi

Then it got carried to the middle of the room.

"If anyone wants to use this, they must figure out what it says and does," Dumbledore explained to the other two. "And, of course, they must find the Room of Requirement." Then the three exited without taking a second look at the mysterious mirror.

We waited until their footsteps were gone. Then we both rushed out from behind the portrait and looked at the mirror.

"Hold on, I know what this says," Harry commented excitedly. "It's backwards!" It's supposed to say, "I show not your face but your heart's desire. Brilliant! So it shows our deepest desire, and only that?" As he talked, the mirror started to shine. It got brighter and brighter, until it was blinding, and then it faded. "Ladies first, ferret," Harry said smirking.

"All right, so after you then?"

"Ha ha ha no."He grinned and shoved me toward to mirror. I shoved him back. My hands landed on the small of his back. And then he stumbled and my hands were on his ass. Oops. I hastily took them back and scolded them for their wrong-doing. Then I walked up to the mirror. What would I see? Myself, whole, without the Mark? My family put back together? I closed my eyes ave said to the mirror, "Well, get on with it, then."

What I saw disappointed me. I stared back at...myself. Great, so I've achieved my life's worth of happiness? I thought irritably. But then...the mirror flashed brightly again and a figure walked slowly toward me. It was a good looking figure, okay fine, great looking figure. It had a flat chest. Oh wait, it was male. It was handsome to say the least, and was a few inches shorter than me. It had darkish hair that stuck up all over and eyes that I could easily make out as green...Oh, no. Who did I know that fit that description? He finally got to the edge of the mirror. The mirror-me unhesitantly put 'my' arms around the mirror-Harry.

Oh my God.

Harry Potter was my deepest desire.

That's just wrong in so many ways.

Well, I thought, if Harry was my deepest desire, I might as well get started with our 'relationship.'

So I leaned over and whispered in his ear, "how about a kiss?' He looked at me and blushed. We slowly got closer and closer to each other, and I could feel my face getting hot. However, this was not part of my plan. Our lips were almost touching, and at the last minute, I slid my tongue out and...

Licked his nose.

"Hey! You evil little bastard!" He huffed. That was so not fair to him, but oh well. Malfoys are not known for their kindness. Malfoys are hard to get.

Later I realized that if we kept our budding romance healthy, our story could get very interesting. And it did.