thirty-two | what are the odds

The impending reunion prevailed as they amble on to the entryway, the iron gates unfurl to reveal a dashing young man with high cheekbones, his taut tighs cladded in leather, hair curly and unkempt.

Two words choked out of Jeongguk as he lay eyes on his perfectly healthy, every-limb-intact brother, Jeon Hoseok:

"Fucking bitch."

Then they hug for one minute straight, cussing and sniffling and clearing throats after they step away from one another, rolling their shoulders and straightening their mouths tightly. Taehyung oggled at this short, ambiguous period of time.

Hoseok readjusts his holsters and scrutinized Taehyung, brows meeting, inquiring to his baby brother in a tender tone, "Who must this be?" He extemds his arm to shake hands with the youngest, who smiles cheekily.

The ravenhead sniggers, replying coolly, "Random loiterer, dunno him." At which he receives a nice blow in the shoulder by Taehyung, who takes Hoseok's hand, a charming tenor in his movements.

"I'm Taehyung," he pronounces politely, rejoining, "Jeongguk and I are—"

"—boinking." Jeongguk intervenes.

"Together," Taehyung rephrases pointedly, his sharp eyes set in a withering glare upon the older; strike two, bitch. A short strand of his hair graced his handsome eyebrow, and Jeongguk, disregarding the blatant look, admired the way how Taehyung's matted hair brought out his strong jaw.

Hoseok cleared his throat loudly, snapping his eyes away when the other two bring their attention back to him, a little blush creeping up their necks in the watery sunlight. "Let's go, hoes," he articulates with an engaging poise.

For once, Taehyung was too stunned to lead the conversation. The grassy plain they ambled through, overlooked by turrets and towers like the ones they saw before, threw large, long shawdows across the acres of ground their boots strode on.

Fifty meters to his left, an astounding sight forced a gasp out of him. Stables, with beautiful creatures, their manes shining silver in the sun, took most of the space. It was accompanied by crooked, wooden huts lined haphazardly, with a variety of essentials displayed in a cluttered manner at their fronts. Taehyung even saw a few children zooming past those shops, wondered how the kids back at his dorm were doing...

Due north, where they were headed, were a mass of rising buildings, with iron railings and roofs that lead to more rooms raised forty feet high from the ground. Gaurds strolled the lenghts of the edges that had a clear view of the stretching lands beyond. There was a used sense of aesthetic to them, the rusty features and walls had paint chipping off from places, its low, glass windows gleaming angrily as noon approached.

"What do you think?"

Taehyung almost tripped over himself, if Yoongi have not caught him before he could be an embarrassing entanglement of limbs sticking out at weird angles.

Yoongi, who they thought (mistakenly so) was dead, gave them a toothy, gummy smile, his orbs twinkling at the look at Jeongguk's and Taehyung's faces, aghast.

"Yes," Hoseok cut through their flabbergasted air, sucking his lip to enunciate leisurely, "This might take a while to come out of." He scratched his neck, not sure what to convey to someone who thought their accomplice was dead, especially if its a brother who he met years later after a boiling hot argument that included half a dozen death threats.

Taehyung smiled hesitantly, greeting the other with a quick embrace, nudging Jeongguk to follow suit instead of gawking at Yoongi continually, because, of course, it would have been his fault (not entirely) if Yoongi had died.

However, he was absolutely onboard when he exhanged with Taehyung, these words, a million years ago, "Min Yoongi is a piece of work. A bunch of infected can't hurt him. Fuck, he's been through worse."  Taehyung had thought he was bullshitting— fooling himself so he doesn't feel guilty for what occured— but here stood Yoongi, with a tiny smile that welcomed him warmly.

"I—" Taehyung began, reluctant, "I'm sorry we left you. In Daegu." Their stares incline in a soft, intimate mien, and Taehyung proceeded before he could miss it out, his voice filled to the brim with gratitude, "And thank you. For— for everything, hyung, really." Yoongi shakes his head goofily in an aw-no-it's-okay way, saying nothing.

"Sheesh, get a room."

Joining them now, with sleek jet black hair, wide shoulders pronounced by a chic brown leather jacket, a young man in blue jeans too taut in the thighs, his thick, luscious lips pulled in a  cordial smile, his charismatic figure and winsome deportment made Taehyung return him a boxy grin.

A bit taken aback by the other's spontaneous entrance, Hoseok takes a second late to bemuse, "Ah, yes— Taehyung,  Jeongguk, this is the man who helped me built, er, Hobiville— oh, shut up, Yoongi, go wash your gun in soap— and yeah. Seokjin, this is my brother. And his boyf—"

"You?" Jeongguk growled at Seokjin, chest heaved like an animal ready to pounce, rage on its plethora that you could almost see steam emitting from the surface of his sweaty skin. He rounded on his brother, fists balled, "Him, Hoseok?"

Seokjin, bravely so, snorted at his expanse, retaliating coolly, "Yeah, me?" He folds his arms, suave. "Sorry I have an ongoing list of haters; which one are you?" A vein popped up on Jeongguk's temple as he witnessed the sheer audicity.

"You killed her." Barely a whisper, his voice trembling with the paramount of effort it took to keep the overpowering feelings at bay, Jeongguk breathed out, "You killed mom. September first, year twenty-twenty. Didn't you?" He inhaled seethingly, as Taeyhyung and Yoongi helplessly watched Hoseok and Seokjin give Jeongguk unwavering, incomprehensible stares.

"DIDN'T YOU?" he bellowed, making Taehyung flinch, and before he could console Jeongguk, Hoseok took the latter's side and held his shoulders firmly, steering him away from Seokjin, who stood rooted on the spot, with his hands tucked under his arms and features set in an inscrutable fashion. His calm tenor was as scary as Jeongguk's outburst.

Yoongi tapped Taehyung's shoulder, gesturing to walk with him, to the stables, a deeper meaning to the parting of ways. Once again, before Taehyung could indulge Yoongi about this, Seokjin called out to Jeongguk, he was practically being dragged away by Hoseok, and asservates, a considerable distance away, "If I knew there was any hope to save her, Jeongguk, along with you and your brother, I would never as much have laid a finger on her."

Taehyung wanted to kiss Jeongguk's forehead, tell him he was here, that she would have been something worse, that she would not have wanted him to lash out like this— but he couldn't, and at Yoongi's deliberate pushing, Taehyung accompanied him to the bails of hay stocked ceiling-high.

Chuckling to himself, Yoongi was finding his laces very amusing, halting only when Taehyung, his mind still on Jeongguk, asserts dejectedly, "Okay, I'll bite. What's so funny?" Yoongi hums, readjusting his suspenders with his thumb.

"There's another person you have to meet, bitch, and don't be so happy about it already," he divulged in an undertone, a tint of his old sarcasm brushed on the vowels. "Someone who is tending to the horses, in here— c'mon."

They enter a shabby, yet spotless clean shed, the constant neigh-neigh of horses filled the space, the muddy, even floor strewn with hay engraved in the mirth. The smell brought tears in Taehyung's eyes, but he could not deny the strange familiarity he felt for this place he has never seen in his life— and standing, in his dimpled glory, was—

"Namjoon hyung?"

-

[note to self:
edit this bitch!!]

yes this was
all planned .
;) + im doing
a lot better!
let me know
what u think of
this one—
coz ik i wont.
ilyily ♡