four | the boy named taehyung

THE OUTSKIRTS, BUSAN.
6:00 AM, September 2nd.

They were stepping down the stairs, Jeongguk, and the kid called Kim Taehyung. He appeared around sixteen - seventeen at most. His fluffy brown hair was matty with grime, eyes averting, bouncing away from Jeongguk's gaze each time. Areum was nowhere to be seen, away with Sam's men to take a look at the armoury the Queen of Fireflies (Sam) mentioned. Jeongguk, to state facts, was not concerning over Areum's safety. To lay the truth, his shifty glance always landed upon the boy.

The boy.

Jeongguk just turned twenty-one himself, jeez.

Tae, Sam addressed him as, lovingly. A soft, silent gesture of love put into one word, for a young man whose eyes wore innocence, mouth a plump set of red tenderness.

Jeongguk, on the other hand, as per usual, was repelled by Taehyung - if not repelled, then at most put-off by the mere company of the younger. In a post-apocalyptic world, his brain cluttered with questions like Is the boy a danger to me?  and Will he bare me or knife me from behind? If the problem was trust, Jeongguk most certainly had it. Alone along with Areum, what was there to put faith in anymore, rabid humans or psycho humans?

No chance.

The dim hue of orange touched the sky above, ancient buildings with ivy crawling their way up to the rooftops overlooked the street Jeongguk and Taehyung walked on, the two silent in words, quieter in feelings. They were led to the backside of the site, somewhere more hushed, holding fewer eyes for the two. Being the older one, Jeongguk, despite his cautious attitude, decided to speak first, planning to sound easy-going, "Where are your parents, kid?" While they were told to settle on the piled pillows, gestured to wait for canned beans, so they do.

Taehyung swiftly took in Jeongguk's face, looking away just in time. In a melancholic tone, for the first time in front of Jeongguk, he spoke, "Where everyone's parents are." His deep, throaty voice swept Jeongguk off his feet. Unique, was a word for it. Jeongguk scrutinised Taehyung, deeply this time.

His body was skinnier, slimmer than Jeongguk's, and at least an inch or two shorter. His ashy hair was unwashed, yes - but his butterfly-shaped, chocolate eyes seemed sharper below the puffy fringe. His skin-tight yellow sweatshirt brought out his wide shoulders and chest. However, for Jeongguk, he would remain to be the boy. His camo boots and jeans were painted in mud as if he survived his way through quicksand.

After a few beats, when their hands were wrapped around the warmth of contained food, Taehyung asks, his eyes low, "Will Sam be alright?" It was an anxious grab for information, one Jeongguk hardly knew the answer to.

Nevertheless, he nods curtly. "Of course, she will." He slides his eyes at the other. "You two close?"

A lift of shoulder, no eye contact. Like a gentle breeze, he replies, "I'd say so. She helped with a lot of things." He stuffs a spoonful of liquidy beans inside his mouth to shut himself up before he could break into one of his never-ending conversation. He's a stranger, Taehyung would think, just stick with him and try to stay alive. No chit-chat.

Jeongguk had other plans. He wanted to know Taehyung, rest assured the boy was no threat. He gnawed at his lip, biting back showers of questions. His desperation knocked at his maturity's door, bringing him to the conclusion that what may occur, would occur. Jeongguk will handle it then, so no overthinking right now.

Just relax, Jeongguk chided at himself, staring fixedly at the ascending sun and breathing in the morning air. Pretend as if you don't care.

"Keep him safe, deliver him with no scratch, yeah?" Sam was pretty bold to put that on the table. No matter how Jeongguk wished to behave, he was stuck with Kim Taehyung, a kid in his eyes; vulnerable and broken. He needed, severely needed, those weapons. Delivering the boy from Busan to Seoul was pretty labouring work - on foot. They'd be the luckiest if they find transport. Not only was there a widespread danger of zombie attacks, but hunters (like Jeongguk, more... fierce) and Fireflies were out there for everyone's neck. Quite literally.

He still needed the stock. He'd be out of ammo pretty soon. That's not even the worst-case scenario.

With thoughts assembled and stakes low of surviving, once Taehyung winded up, Jeongguk shouldered his trusty knapsack, giving away a hint of a smile to announce, "Lesgo." Areum would be waiting for them.

-

"My mouth, was watering." Areum, with her intelligent eyes, now round with thrill, cheeks scarlet fervently, marched next to Jeongguk under the night-like dawn, Sam's den left far behind. Taehyung wordlessly followed closely, head bowed.

Jeongguk chuckled. "Your exaggeration grips me, Ari." She was conversing about the stock she was recently shown by Sam's guys, the Fireflies. The rifles, the shotguns, firearms and ammo.

She brushes him off, shrugging a shoulder. "Said they came from Pakistan, bless them."

"Thank you!" Exclaimed Jeongguk promptly, raising his arms limply to the heavens. Areum laughed loudly, hitting him subconsciously on his forearm.

Taehyung was just awkwardly trailing behind. He felt, well, lonely. Yet he said nothing, unlike him. There was a buzz between Jeongguk and Areum, one Taehyung lacked. His only mission was to stay with the two, no matter what. He may be, somewhat, combat-ready, but he knew his own weakness, knew he depended on those two. So, without questions, he tagged along, not bothering to join a conversation.

Besides, he couldn't risk his secret to slip.

__

can i just add
that u r
breathtaking.

Check it out!I will write you theperfect poem for $25on #Fiverrhttps://www.fiverr.com/s2/87bda1aeb1