eighteen | the weight of feelings

Jeongguk's distress advanced it plethora when his wonderment of past events reached worst case scenarios, id est, Yoongi may not be quite alive and his relationship with Taehyung has leapt off a cliff to nosedive on a layer of spikes.

Shut it, he chided himself, as the grip on the wheel tightened, whitening his knuckles.

Night has fallen. The silhouettes of mountains on either side, the stars scattered in the sky, peaceful, except for the aching groan of the centuries old truck they drove in, then and now. The full moon glimmered with silvery, soft glow, illuminating the uninterrupted pathway.

There's movement, from the corner of his eyes, so he sneaks a look sideways, where Taehyung has aroused, motionless, gazing fixedly at a point near the broken radio.

Jeongguk bit back a cackle, posing gently, "What's up?"

Taehyung lifts up his chin to stare at the other's impeccably alluring side profile, after a moment murmuring timorously:

"I need to piss."

__

All refreshed, Taehyung and Jeongguk settle back inside, chewing their Yoongi Hyung Made It™ sandwiches, the latter's drowsiness transparent through the blotch of red near his doe-like orbs, the constancy of yawning and eye-rubbing. Thus, in a marginally delicate tone, Taehyung queried, though he knew the answer beforehand, "Shall I take the wheels?"

"Ah, no, no," Jeongguk rejoined automatically, finished with his meal, twitchy and audaciously irresistible, sweater paws and overgrown shag of hair. Taehyung repelled the urge to squish his cheeks whilst sucking his dick.

Shit.

Habitually, his heart tumbled and thumped louder, gut coiling in an unsubtle manner. A breath left him, at which Jeongguk passed him a quizzical look, "What's up?" he questioned again, an etch between his handsome brows.

Readjusting his position in the cushioned shotgun, Taehyung phrased with calibrated words, avoiding a hurricane to face a thunderstorm, "I'm sorry for, um, misbehaving before." He glimpsed away to avoid the older's unrelenting gawp. "It's just," he mumbled to the stationary, grey dashboard, "after... Areum, I'd hate to leave any other person behind." He considered to have his head bowed than to meet Jeongguk's eyes.

Who took his time to respond apprehensively, "Yeah, I understand. I get it, Taehyung. It's not your fault, don't apologise. I know." Taehyung took his chance, lifting his head up. Sure enough, Jeongguk was smiling a little smile, with his two front teeth peeking between those pink lips. He has conjured up a grin half-way as he spoke, "And you called that misbehaving? Boy, are you adorable."

In the midst of it all, oh, how Taehyung wished Jeongguk could reach a firm, veiny hand out to grab the younger's jaw, kiss him already. Yet, he knew, in a dumbly evident, too unrealistic to be true way, how it can only be plausible if Jeongguk felt the same way.

At least he doesn't regard me as "kid," thought Taehyung, prompt to his disregard. "You should," he uttered gradually, after overcoming the irking silence, "um, tuck in, in the back, it's spacious. I'll watch out for any infected or likewise." He pondered if this conversation was anything but mindless, futile froth.

Although Jeongguk sighed, in a defeated fashion. The two get out of the pickup, Taehyung climbing up the roof as Jeongguk heaved himself to mount the open space in the back, already laying down with the blanket and a backpack underneath his squashed cheek.

On the cold metal above is perched Taehyung, and in the vast, ongoing darkness of the brilliant sky were trillions of sparkling stars, clasping Jeongguk in a fragile grace, his droopy eyes, swimming, haphazard figures popping up and blending in, like altering images inside a colourful kaleidoscope.

So tired.

"—Jeongguk, don't you?" Taehyung's husky voice ricocheted off his skull, regaining the rest of his consciousness, stunned for a mere millisecond until he hums pathetically, questioningly. At which Taehyung tsked, applying once more, "You miss your brother, yeah?"

Jeongguk's eyes are shut. "Hmm, sure," he remarked unsociably, wishing for the conversation to have its end.

"Then," said Taehyung placidly, "why don't we pay him a visit?"

The other threw out a whiny mewl, mithering distastefully, "Just let me sleep, Jesus." His voice boomed in the open night air.

The truck moaned and bent as Taehyung rose on his feet, sprung over next to Jeongguk and eventually laid down the hard surface, an inch or two besides the guy, who stared at him in an endless scheme whilst Taehyung simply star-gazed, who, when a minute trickled by, slid his head sideways to ogle back at Jeongguk, asking politely, "Something the matter?"

Jeongguk liked how the moonlight curtained the otherwise neatly honed, exquisitely intoned profile. Cut-edge, god-like. He almost placed his hand on the sleek curve of cheekbones when he withstood the intention, doubting the causes would be in his favour. Thus, he professed, accurately false-put, "Nothing." Twisting his body to his opposite side, his back on Taehyung.

Yet, there's a warm smile on his features, sheer euphoric one, something of what Taehyung would want instead, not the miscalculated indifference.

If only Taehyung had seen that curve of lips in a world of beasts, never anything so unimaginably beautiful. If only.

__

unedited,
tell me if there
are any errors.
it's 3:48AM here,
forgive me.