three | hoes and hide-outs

Sam, Areum and Jeongguk trotted on the uneven pathway of the darkened tunnel, illuminated only straight ahead by three flashlights held by each person, the space broad enough for them to walk side by side with ease.

"So," starts Sam, the leader of Fireflies and the most most-wanted person alive, "How's life for you two?" Jeongguk was the least likely to reply to her with a wide smile and an 'All good, how about you?' He knew her who she really was, even if she wanted civilians to live and not die at the hands of the soldiers.

"It's cool," Areum replies warmly, her character only defying her by the stiffened way she walked, just like a soldier. She quirks a side of her lip to smirk at Jeongguk sideways, "Busan here doesn't seem to like you much." She elbows Jeongguk, only to receive an unbothered look.

"Oh yeah," Sam says, her dark skin glistening with sweat at the steep climb of the tunnel that'll lead them outside. "I know his brother, Hoseok." Jeongguk's muscles tautened at the name, his jaws fixed hardly over one another with upsurging anger.

He asks, cutting across Areum who had open her mouth to comment, "How long 'til we get outside?" Not long after, a circle of the navy blue night appeared at the far end.

Sam leans towards them, her next words rushed, "Now, there will be men— soldiers— outside, with tanks, to keep the civilians at bay. We need to sneak past them." She paused for a moment to observe if the other two understood her.

Areum grinned at Jungkook teasingly, "You hear her, Jungkook? We gotta sneak past 'em, big guy." A small smile appears on his face, his eyes lightening up with humour. She always knows how to brighten up his mood. He nods slightly, going all stealth mode as the troop out of the hole.

The black night was void of stars, murk and grime covering the ruined scape while the river flowed melancholily few feet away in the open space with blotches of wild grass. The gravel underneath his feet vibrated and the earth shook.

He, with the women, hastily hid behind a hidden crate as a tanker rolled by, flashlights and hushed words shredding the silence apart.

"Where do we head?" Jeongguk whispered to Sam, who grimaced at her bloody wound.

She points at the other side of a fallen building. "Just a kilometre through there. It's the shortest and safest path I know." Her voice was strained and she was bleeding again. Areum reached out to help, only to hear a heavy, "I am okay," and a wave of a care-free hand.

They continued to cover the long distance, sharing little talks. What if Sam is a fraud? What if she turns on us? Jeongguk thinks, at which his heart pumped faster, stomach queasy. I'll take on her all on my own. He glanced worriedly at Areum: I can't let her die.

Areum saw his funny, anxious face and rolled her eyes, swiftly appearing on Jungkook's side as their boots slapped against the muddy pathway. She perks, "You really shouldn't fret about me. You're the lousy one, to be honest." She side-smiles, smirking.

He shakes his head disapprovingly, silent.

"What?" Areum demands, tone light but creeping with indignation, "Just because you're a man, you think you have to protect me since I am a woman?" A chuckle leaves her, "Jeongguk, you know I'd want to protect you, too. Besides, I am equally talented as you are." As Jungkook looked down at her lips shining in their moist glory, he sighs.

"I know. I just..." No, don't do it. "Sorry, yeah, no, you're- you're right." He grinned at her. "Ma'am."

"Aw, fuck off, you bitch."

The alley they were strolling in opened into a road lining with apartments, few lights illuminating from some rooms. Sam's mouth curled in a welcoming smile, "This is my hide-out."

"So, this is where you've hidden the guns?" Areum trailed off, obviously unimpressed. "Some weirdo could accidentally bump into them and jackpot! For him, though. You have not even put any guards—" Sam did a clap, clap, and several of armed guys and women from roofs to windows emerged out. Areum gaped at them.

Sam raised a clever brow, "Sayin' something?"

"Noice," Areum says in response.

Jeongguk intervened, "Quit flexing, Sam, and lead the way." The hide-out was definitely pretty cool. Men and women exchanged their duties or took breaks. All fireflies. All murdering soldiers. All against the law. Jeongguk's shoulders went stiff. Is Hoseok among them? Could it be?

His eyes glazed over as the last memory of his brother resurfaced. "She told us to take care of each other!" and a glass shattering into bits. Yells and broken promises.

"Jeongguk?" Areum pulled him away from his reverie.

"Yeah?"

They were in a hallway of an apartment building that once used to be a well-known hotel. Areum passes him a soft scowl, "I'm gonna go see those weapons." A Firefly was by her side. She continues, jabbing a finger through a door right opposite him. "Sam says she wants to talk to you." He pursed his lips and nods, entering the office-like room. Sam was leaning against a table, arms folded and stomach still bleeding. Her dark skin had a yellowish glow to it.

"Why don't you bandage that up?" Jeongguk says, to be nice.

Sam gulped heavily, "All the supplies are finished. The first-aid, the ammo, food cans. Nearly almost." Sweat trickled down her cheek. "Anyway," she inhales sharply, her figure distorting, "I need you to do me a favour in order to take all the weapons."

Jeongukk gritted his teeth, "Those already belong━"

"No, they don't," Sam stated, "Tony owed me those. Now, if you want to━ ugh, uh, if you want them, you e-earn them." Taking her down was not an option. There were men surrounding him and, most certainly, Areum. Guess I just have to seal the deal.

"What's the favour?" He asked politely.

Sam smiles through her pain, "You have to deliver something for me, to Seoul International Hospital. Also, thank you, Jeongguk. I thought you'd be harder to convince, but I believe you know what could have happened if you said no."

He forced out, much less good-naturally, "What's the package?"

She quirked a brow. "More like, who's the package: he's been standing behind you all the time, didn't you notice?"

Jungkook turned around and there he stood.

Check it out!

I will write you theperfect poem for $25on #Fiverrhttps://www.fiverr.com/s2/87bda1aeb1