2

Memories of that night returned to her, vivid as sunlight rays casting their brilliant light upon the earth. What they called The Last Party had ended and all the guests were gone, leaving a messy living room for Inara and her friend Zee but that wasn't their problem.

Having nothing to worry about, they were seated over a deck of Whot Card game, willing to bet some part of their allowances already laid down on the floor as the house keeper in Zee's home cleaned after the guests.

Inside Zee's room where they were, no one was winning and the game was getting boring hence, Inara dropped her remaining cards onto the furry rug in the middle of the room where they were seated.

"I'm bored." she complained to Zee. She was expecting Zee to demand for the backing out penalty fee but Zee didn't do that. Instead, she seconded her move, laying down her cards as well.

"Me too." she admitted and they giggled about it.

Inara liked Zee's home because it was a free place. Zee's parents were permissive and traveled a lot, leaving her with a lot of freedom. Inara herself barely enjoyed such freedom at her home except when her parents would travel for missionary work like now which had afforded her the luxury of partying and sleeping over at Zee's place.

Her family did not like Zee because they believed that she was a bad influence on her. She had been forbidden from hanging out with Zee, which was why she often formulated lies just to be with her. As far as she was concerned, Zee was not a bad person. She was just this carefree girl who didn't take life too seriously and Inara didn't see anything wrong with that.

 She was just this carefree girl who didn't take life too seriously and Inara didn't see anything wrong with that

Sometimes, Inara wondered if Zee did not really care about people's opinion of her. Maybe she did care a little. Maybe she did not. Whatever the case, she had chosen not to judge her.

Concerning being a bad girl, Zee smoked though and cursed a lot which was a sin but Inara had taught herself not to let it bother her and lately, she had started cursing too but only when she was not at home or her parents would kill her.

Inara couldn't help but think that while Zee was living her life, she was busy living a double life and she envied Zee who was who she was.

Inara noticed that Zee's countenance had become extremely meditative, her eyes, glued to the ceiling.

"Penny for your thoughts." she told Zee and watched Zee's eyes fall back to her face.

"Inny, this party marking our imminent graduation from high school was great but I want more."

Whenever Zee called her Inny, Inara always knew that whatever she had on her mind was serious, at least to Zee.

"Okay, so what do you have in mind?" she asked.

"What is the craziest thing that you have ever done?"

Inara juggled her memory and could find none. She remembered when her father had caught her smoking papers behind their home when she was fourteen.